No Internet Connection (orange light) when installing AX3000 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-06 21:11:01
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: ?

I bought this modem to replace the router provided by my ISP. When I connect the cable from router to the modem and power up, the 2 x wifi buttons turn green after a minute or so but the internet connection button comes on orange and never changes to green so I can't complete the install so there's a problem withe the connection to the modem I'd imagine but what is it.

When I unplug the AX3000 and re-plug in and use the old router again, the internet connection works and all my devices connect ok.

Options
3 Reply
Re:No Internet Connection (orange light) when installing AX3000 Router
2023-09-07 07:09:35

@Jasper2019 

Hello, who is your ISP please?

And what is the WAN connection type you configured on the Archer AX3000? like PPPoE or Dynamic IP? Please make sure it is the same as that on your old router.

Please also follow this guide for troubleshooting: What should I do if I cannot access the internet through Wi-Fi router?

Options
2023-09-07 07:55:45

@Sunshine 

hi Sinshine. Thanks. I'm with Vodafone in Ireland and my old router is their Gigabox router. I don't know what the WAN is on that though. 

however I'm not getting to the stage in the set up where I can select that. From the videos I've watched on installing, before I get to use the tether app and change the settings, including selecting Dynamic or whatever, I'm stuck with the orange light showing no internet connection. 

Options
2023-09-08 10:55:59

@Jasper2019 

Hi, if you don't use the AX3000 router or your old router, then connect a computer directly to your ISP modem, will you get internet access on the computer?

If not, do you have any username and password given by your ISP? 

If possible, you could also connect your old router, then check the internet settings on the old router to see if it is using dynamic IP or PPPoE, the PPPoE will require a username and password given by the ISP.

For the new AX3000 router setup, you could also reset it to factory defaults by holding reset button until power LED starts flashing, then set it up again via web interface or Tether App to configure the same internet settings as the old router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1009

Replies: 3

Related Articles