Username / password changed after firmware update ( 2.12 > 2.14 )

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-16 00:21:03 - last edited 2023-09-18 07:05:17
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.14

Hello,

I have updated the firmware of my ER605 router. Now, when i try to log in i get the message that the username / password is incorrect.

Is there anything changed according to the admin useraccount from the BETA firmware?

Im trying to log on via the webbrowser, not via OMADA.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Options
13 Reply
Re:Username / password changed after firmware update ( 2.12 > 2.14 )
2023-09-17 01:36:27

@Naldjer open in other browser (Chrome, EDGE or Forefox)...

Options
2023-09-17 19:40:58

@iresLeandro 

Thanks for the message.

Ive installed a new browser, but that did not work. 

Greetings,

Options
2023-09-18 02:23:27 - last edited 2023-09-18 07:05:17

Hi @Naldjer 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Clear the browser cache and reboot the browser. You should be able to log in successfully again. Due to the security update in the firmware, the new authentication causes this.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-18 06:56:00 - last edited 2023-09-18 06:59:05

@Clive_A 

Thanks for the reply.

Yet, this is not the solution. I,ve tried a completely new browser ( Chrome ) in either in-private as normal. Also Edge ( either in-private as normal ). 

Sidenote: im trying to log in the router via a management server without internet access.

Regards,

Options
2023-09-18 07:05:12

Hi @Naldjer 

Naldjer wrote

@Clive_A 

Thanks for the reply.

Yet, this is not the solution. I,ve tried a completely new browser ( Chrome ) in either in-private as normal. Also Edge ( either in-private as normal ). 

Sidenote: im trying to log in the router via a management server without internet access.

Regards,

On a new browser, it still tells you an incorrect username or password? I suspect that you may forget your password. Or you are on the wrong page.

There was feedback on this issue described. But I am very confident that the clearing cache would fix it.

I would love to see a demo video of this problem. You can upload it to YouTube or anywhere else.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-09-18 07:08:35

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive, Thanks again for your super swift reply. That i forgot my password is impossible, since im using Keepass for my passwords. I also havent changed the password of the router ever since install of the router ( which is one year ago ). I will create a demo vid, and post it on Youtube later today. Many thanks again! Regards,

Options
2023-09-18 07:20:50

Hi @Naldjer 

Naldjer wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive, Thanks again for your super swift reply. That i forgot my password is impossible, since im using Keepass for my passwords. I also havent changed the password of the router ever since install of the router ( which is one year ago ). I will create a demo vid, and post it on Youtube later today. Many thanks again! Regards,

Did you reset the router? Try admin as the password.

When was the last you logged in to the router? I'll wait for the demo video. Quite strange. I would recommend you run some checks and double-confirm that.

If it is lost, there is no way that we can recover it. You have to reset the router and log in again, and create your new password.

Options
2023-09-18 07:51:11

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

I havent reset the router.

The last time that i've logged in was last week ( before / during the firmware update ). 

I find it quite strange also. The way I fill in the password is via copy-pasting from Keepass to the webbrowser. Ive also verified that the password matches with the one in Keepass. 

Im using a random-generated password. Could it be that there symbols ( like ' for example ) which were allowed in 2.12 that arent allowed now anymore?

Kind regards,

Options
2023-09-18 08:03:11

Hi @Naldjer 

Naldjer wrote

@Clive_A 

Hi Clive,

I havent reset the router.

The last time that i've logged in was last week ( before / during the firmware update ). 

I find it quite strange also. The way I fill in the password is via copy-pasting from Keepass to the webbrowser. Ive also verified that the password matches with the one in Keepass. 

Im using a random-generated password. Could it be that there symbols ( like ' for example ) which were allowed in 2.12 that arent allowed now anymore?

Kind regards,

I don't know any of the password-keeper programs. So I cannot say anything for certain. It could be formatted paste from the Keeppass. You can try to type in manually and see if you can log in successfully.

I only tested with the Google password, the Chrome built-in password manager, and there was no issue with it when I did a test.

Options
2023-09-18 10:39:44

@Clive_A 

Thanks again for your reply!

Could you tell me what has been changed regarding the authentication in this beta firmware? 

I dont know how, but ive got a message that "special characters" are illigal now. But in previous versions it was possible to use special characters. 

/Br/ht)sTMk_"m(<B>UN this is the password of my router. Can you see if any of those characters are illigal in this firmware version?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1022

Replies: 13

Related Articles