Address Reservation problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-21 23:28:02 - last edited 2023-09-21 23:46:40
Model: Archer AX23  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230725 Rel. 56344(4555)

I'm just setting up my AX23 for the first time, replacing a NetGear r7000 and learning my way round the new interface.

I'm trying to reserve addresses for most of the permanently or frequently attached WiFi devices.

I previously assigned IP address 192.168.0.3 to what I thought was my iPhone. It turns out to have been another device, so I deleted that device from the Address Reservation list.

I now find the correct device, on the Client List as 192.168.0.103, and try and change it to .3 instead. 

Up pops up a message "This IP address is reserved for another device.Please enter a new one."

How can I get the router to 'forget' the previous assignment?

(Or can I not do that, as the assignment was originally 'Permanent'?)

Do I need just to restart the router? I'll try that, and report back here if it works.

EDIT

Nope. That doesn't work. The router still remembers the original IP assignment even after a reboot. And the Client List shows no device connected with that IP address.

EDIT 2

I see a similar problem for a different router, advising to delete any IP and MAC Bindings. I didn't make any explicit bindings, but several seem to have been derived from Address Reservations, including one to address ending 0.3. I'll try deleting that one and rebooting again.

EDIT 3

That seems to have fixed it. And for the moment, to limit future such problems until I've finished setup, I'll turn off IP and MAC Binding. But I'll turn it back on again when I've finished setting up all the Address Reservations I want to use.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Address Reservation problem
2023-09-22 02:42:28

@JohnWMcC 

Yes, that's the correct approach.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 269

Replies: 1

Related Articles