Archer Axe300 doing mesh with Deco x95 system

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-25 01:40:01 - last edited 2023-10-11 08:55:13
Model: Archer AXE300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, 

i have the Archer AXE300 router and I have a big house so I need to add a mesh to cover all, my questions:

1. can I use my router and the DECO x95 system to work as one mesh covering my house?

2. should I use the "OneMesh" range extenders instead of the DECO system?

3. which will give better coverage, reliability and speed results Archer AXE300 + OneMesh range extenders OR AXE300 + DECO X95?

thanks ahead for any answers.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer Axe300 doing mesh with Deco x95 system-Solution
2023-09-25 08:49:58 - last edited 2023-10-11 08:55:13

@Vorinor 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. You could connect Deco products to Archer AXE300, but they will not be able to create a mesh network, as OneMesh and Deco Mesh are two different mesh technologies and they are not compatible. Refer to Q1 of this guide: Several questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh

However, the Deco products could work as AP and build Deco Mesh among Deco products, which can be one your options.

2. Using OneMesh range extenders is indeed one of the options

3. Considering OneMesh doesn't support Ethernet Backhaul, while Deco Mesh does, and Ethernet connection is always the best way to ensure a stable and fast connection, using Deco products would be a better option especially when Ethernet backhaul is possible at your home.

For more details about the differences among different Mesh technologies, please refer to this guide: Differences between Deco Mesh, One Mesh, Easy Mesh and Omada Mesh, can they work together

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer Axe300 doing mesh with Deco x95 system-Solution
2023-09-25 08:49:58 - last edited 2023-10-11 08:55:13

@Vorinor 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. You could connect Deco products to Archer AXE300, but they will not be able to create a mesh network, as OneMesh and Deco Mesh are two different mesh technologies and they are not compatible. Refer to Q1 of this guide: Several questions about the OneMesh™ and Mesh

However, the Deco products could work as AP and build Deco Mesh among Deco products, which can be one your options.

2. Using OneMesh range extenders is indeed one of the options

3. Considering OneMesh doesn't support Ethernet Backhaul, while Deco Mesh does, and Ethernet connection is always the best way to ensure a stable and fast connection, using Deco products would be a better option especially when Ethernet backhaul is possible at your home.

For more details about the differences among different Mesh technologies, please refer to this guide: Differences between Deco Mesh, One Mesh, Easy Mesh and Omada Mesh, can they work together

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Archer Axe300 doing mesh with Deco x95 system
2023-09-25 11:15:41
Hi and thanks for the reply but correct me if I'm wrong, if I use deco with my router it means I need to put one unit next to the router to act as the main mesh unit right? that means that I "lose" the router capabilities as a wifi coverage and it also means I will need more deco units to cover my house (as the x95 has 2 units per pack and i will need to sacrifice 1 unit to be the main unit next to the router instead of using the router capabilities.
Options
Re:Archer Axe300 doing mesh with Deco x95 system
2023-09-26 01:30:59

@Vorinor 

Yes, you are correct, but if there is some cable wiring in the wall, the main Deco unit can be located at other places instead of next to the router, but if that is not possible, it needs to stay next to the router unless a long cable is used.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1002

Replies: 3

Related Articles