Very slow speed with AV1300 Gigabit passthrough powerline starter kit.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-19 12:06:51
Model: TL-PA8010P KIT  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I have full fibre broadband at home and when connecting directly to the router I get speeds of around 900MBPS download and 800MBPS upload.

I bought this product hoping to be able to use another wired PC in another room of the house. Sadly however I can barely get speeds of over 70MBPS, which is useless to me.

I have followed all the tips given such as making sure both adaptors are plugged directly into the wall and not into a power strip. I have also downloaded the software and I can see that the powerline rate between the 2 adaptors maxes out at around 300mpbs. Honestly if I could get that download speed in the other room then id be happy enough.

On the software and I have noticed that on the adaptor that is plugged into the router the LINK STATE says 1000MBPS, but on the adaptor in the other room the link state says 100MPBS. Would this be the cause of the problem? Can I somehow change that link state number to be higher? 

Or is this simply down to the wiring in the house being too old to carry more than 70MPBS?

Thanks for any help

Options
1 Reply
Re:Very slow speed with AV1300 Gigabit passthrough powerline starter kit.
2023-10-19 17:23:35 - last edited 2023-10-19 17:24:24

@Walexei 

Hi,

When you say "another wired PC in another room" does that mean this is not the same PC you used to measure the 900 Mbps directly on the router?

If that's the case, then can you please look up the exact name of the Ethernet network adapter of the PC in another room and let us know?

You can see the name in the Windows "Device Manager". (below is an example for illustration)

Options