OC300 continous ONLINE and OFFLINE notifications
OC300 continous ONLINE and OFFLINE notifications
2023-10-22 14:07:31 - last edited 2023-11-03 03:39:38
Tags: #ONLINE_OFFLINE
Model: OC300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.19.3 Build 20230906 Rel.38429

Hi, @Hank21 @Fae 

One of my sites Controller keeps giving a barrage of notifications every day several times a day "Online" and "Offline" : this was happening since before the controller upgrade to latest version 5.12.9. I was hoping the upgrade might resolve this. I have eight sites in total using omada controllers, but only this one site keeps me up at night with false notification.

Everything else seems fine , i have compared the site setting with my other site and i did not find anything that i can figure out to fix this issue.

Appreciate your kind attention to this issue.

Kind Regards

Kash

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OC300 continous ONLINE and OFFLINE notifications-Solution
2023-11-02 04:08:24 - last edited 2023-11-03 03:39:38

@Hank21 Thank you for your prompt response,

May I know how you supplied the power to this issued OC300?

Through PDU , 220V

Is there any difference from other sites?

No

Please check whether the devices got disconnected

No the rest of the system is stable.

or did the network on this site experienced internet access issues when these logs occurred

No, no issues were experienced, nor the log shows ISP disconnects, no end user complain.

Please change a short Ethernet cable to connect the OC300 to the front-end device for testing.

Cable replaced the 1Meter cable with 0.3 meter cable.

Furthermore to the above we also looked at our fiber cables and found out that the telephone room where the ISP cables originated from had RAT infestation and several chew marks on outdoor fiber cable were discovered in several location. I strongly believe that disruption in Omada OC300 status was caused by the rats gnawing on the cable. This was the biggest reason that this Online/Offline was more persisted during late evening hours till almost daybreak. We have taken measured to close the building Orifices left uncovered or completely open by contractors to limit and hopefully eliminate the access of the vermians to the telephone room.

Thank you for your support. The amount of annoying messages has since reduced to a few instances at night.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:OC300 continous ONLINE and OFFLINE notifications
2023-10-23 06:04:31

Hello @Kash01976,

May I know how you supplied the power to this issued OC300? Is there any difference from other sites?

Please check whether the devices got disconnected or did the network on this site experienced internet access issues when these logs occurred.

Please change a short ethernet cable to connect the OC300 to the front-end device for testing.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:OC300 continous ONLINE and OFFLINE notifications-Solution
2023-11-02 04:08:24 - last edited 2023-11-03 03:39:38

@Hank21 Thank you for your prompt response,

May I know how you supplied the power to this issued OC300?

Through PDU , 220V

Is there any difference from other sites?

No

Please check whether the devices got disconnected

No the rest of the system is stable.

or did the network on this site experienced internet access issues when these logs occurred

No, no issues were experienced, nor the log shows ISP disconnects, no end user complain.

Please change a short Ethernet cable to connect the OC300 to the front-end device for testing.

Cable replaced the 1Meter cable with 0.3 meter cable.

Furthermore to the above we also looked at our fiber cables and found out that the telephone room where the ISP cables originated from had RAT infestation and several chew marks on outdoor fiber cable were discovered in several location. I strongly believe that disruption in Omada OC300 status was caused by the rats gnawing on the cable. This was the biggest reason that this Online/Offline was more persisted during late evening hours till almost daybreak. We have taken measured to close the building Orifices left uncovered or completely open by contractors to limit and hopefully eliminate the access of the vermians to the telephone room.

Thank you for your support. The amount of annoying messages has since reduced to a few instances at night.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 223

Replies: 2

Tags

ONLINE_OFFLINE
Related Articles