Parental Control and Device Ownership

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-02 05:24:37

I have recently set up a triple X80 Deco system and all is working great except....

it seems that the moment a device is allocated to a "family member" profile, then filtering starts operating. Without having set any restrictions or manually blocking specific websites, the Deco has blocked a large number of operational type web addresses that prevent a lot of sites failing to operate. Upon inspection, most seem to be regular API calls to allow site functionality etc.

whilst it is great that filtering is available and in place, I would simply like to manually block my kids devices from the name and device pairing, and NOT have site filtering forced upon them whilst not having elected to.

Any thoughts why this is working this way?

TIA

Options
1 Reply
Re:Parental Control and Device Ownership
2023-11-03 10:38:12

@ShireBrickz 

Hi, welcome to the community.

I remember that when you start a new parental control profile, it will ask for the suited age. And there will be preset filtered categories per age.

Have you checked whether these websites might be blocked by the content filter?

If you wish to customize the blocked websites, it is suggested to remove the preset filtered categories and manually add the blocked websites.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 1

Related Articles