Problem with Windows Time sync

2023-11-11 21:05:58 - last edited 2023-11-11 21:07:08
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.16 Build 20230828 rel.44667(4555)

Hello, since I bought and started using my TP-Link Archer A6 v3.20 router I have problems syncing my Windows Time. Also after a firmware upgrade I had DNS problems when trying to play GTA V on my Playstation 5 and I couldnt visit Rockstar Games website.
I rerolled the firmware and everything was fine, after couple of months I tried to upgrade the firmware again and I managed to fix the problem with my Playstation. Unfortunately I still have problems with my Windows Time sync.

I really like to fix my problem with syncing my Windows Time and Im sure its from my router!
I've tried to fix it but without success. I've tried: Changing NTP server, Changing my DNS server to a public one, using various commands in command prompt, Reset my router to factory settings, Reinstalling Windows and lastly to contact my ISP. My ISP provider said its likely from my router and its not from their part.

Also I forgot to mention that when I change my Wifi my Windows Time syncs normal and without issues so the issue is definately from my router.

Options
9 Reply
Re:Problem with Windows Time sync
2023-11-13 08:59:05

@Oktim 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

Do you mean the Windows Time on one of your computer is incorrect and cannot synchronize with any time servers? The router time is correct, right?

Is there any error message when you try to sync Windows time? please share with us some screenshots.

In addition, for comparison, can you connect the same computer to your ISP modem directly to test if there is the same issue?

Options
2023-11-13 22:13:13 - last edited 2023-11-13 22:18:06

Hi! And thank you for your help in advance!

Windows Time on my laptop is correct because I manually adjust it. When Im connected to my home WiFi or ethernet cable Im unable to sync Windows time like something is blocking the connection to the NTP server.
The router time is correct and it's set to get the date and time from "Get from the Internet" and it's obtaining the date and time normal without issues. The problem comes from my laptop when Im using my own internet and Im unable to sync it.

Yes, I get an error every time I try to sync my Windows Time using my own Internet
Im going to post screenshots from Windows Event Viewer so you can see the errors and I hope this will help solve my problem.
The first screenshots are when Im using my home WiFi and when I can't sync my Windows time. The second screenshots are when Im uisng my phone celluar internet and the time sync is succesful.

Using my home WiFi and Im unable to sync Windows time:

Using my celluar internet and Im able to sync Windows time: ========================================================================

Options
2023-11-14 16:32:27 - last edited 2023-11-14 16:32:55

These are my router settings:

Options
2023-11-14 19:16:16 - last edited 2023-11-14 19:17:08

@Oktim 

Hi,

If you are comparing your home Wi-Fi to your cellular Internet, then you are comparing two different Internet Service Providers. This doesn't really tell you whether it is the fault of the Archer A6 or not.

Like Sunshine suggested you should connect your laptop directly to your home broadband connection and then check if the time is successfully syncronized or not. 

So, if your laptop has an Ethernet port, then plug the cable that is currently connected to your Archer A6's WAN port directly into your laptop instead. If your laptop doesn't have an Ethernet port, then of course you can't do that test.

By the way, if you open a command prompt with admin rights, then you can also sync the time via the command "w32tm /resync" and get any error messages shown directly. "w32tm /query /status" can be used to show the date and time of the last successful time sync.

Options
2023-11-14 21:02:51

@Oktim 

Another thing you could try is to change Vivacom's DNS servers with Cloudflare's and test if that will make any difference:

Replace with:

Primary DNS: 1.1.1.1

Secondary DNS: 1.0.0.1

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-11-15 16:42:42 - last edited 2023-11-15 16:43:32

@terziyski 

Hi, unfortunately I've tried that and it makes no difference I also tried with Google public DNS server and it was the same.

@woozle  I'm sorry for not clarifying. I'm not comparing the internet I want to show that when I change my internet with another ( different from my routers internet) that I'm able to sync my Windows Time. I have tried everything to try to fix my problem but without success. I've tried all cmd commands, registry editing, firewall ... every possible solution on the web

Options
2023-11-15 19:10:15

@Oktim 

Ok, I see. If you can't connect your laptop directly to your home broadband, then maybe try this: Enter the address of the NTP server you use in Windows into your Archer A6 and then click on [Obtain]. Do you get a "Success", like shown in the screenshot below?

Options
2023-11-15 19:39:54 - last edited 2023-11-15 19:41:57

@woozle 
Yes, I have no problems obtaining time in router settings.
Also Im using the same NTP server syncing my Windows Time. I have tried different NTP servers in Windows Time and its the same.

Options
2023-11-15 21:10:42

@Oktim 

Post #6 in this thread <https>://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/105561-ntpclient-connection-problem.html looks like an answer to your issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 782

Replies: 9

Related Articles