'Authentication failed, Server TLS version is too low' appears when connecting OpenVPN of DSL Modem

'Authentication failed, Server TLS version is too low' appears when connecting OpenVPN of DSL Modem

26 Reply
Re:'Authentication failed, Server TLS version is too low' appears when connecting OpenVPN of DSL Modem
2024-07-09 14:57:21
Options
Re:'Authentication failed, Server TLS version is too low' appears when connecting OpenVPN of DSL Modem
2024-07-13 01:31:12
Options
2024-08-05 16:28:43

Is there any update on these issues, really need my VPN to be secure, VR600 V2.

I’m also happy to purchase a replacement, the VR600 V2 is spot on for me, no issues, apart from this. . can anyone recommend a new router I can purchase that does the same as or is better than the vr600 v2, and has a secure OpenVPN or Wire Guard? As I get he impression TP-Link will never get this sorted now? So I might as well bite the bullet and get it sorted, but modem routers are a mind field, iv no idea if im buying one that’s older or worst than my current one, they even all look the same lol.

Thanks in advance, if anyone can help, Greg

Options
2024-08-05 18:04:08

@Sunshine 

Is there any progress on this?

It has now been several months and still no sign of a firmware update to correct the issue.

Looks like TP-Link have no regard for their customers' security!

This should have been sorted out as soon as it was raised.

I'll be binning my VR2800 and going with another manufacturer.

Options
2024-08-05 18:07:58

@Sunshine Please help us out, honesty is also fine, so we know if anything will ever be done to resolve this and keep your customers safe? and if you cant fix it for whatever reason, what can we purchase to replace it? or are all TP-Link Routers flawed in this way?

Options
2024-08-06 09:20:35

@Sunshine With the standard 1.8.0 firmware released in June the connection still uses the outdated TLS 1.0 which is unacceptable.
With the beta firmware found in this thread (from November 2023) the OpenVPN client doesn't connect at all. It will say that the "network is unreachable". 🤷‍♂️
This is so disappointing.

Options
Related Articles