Port Forwarding to host a Minecraft Server
2023-12-01 04:25:03 - last edited 2023-12-04 07:16:51
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: HX510 v1.0 00000000

* IMPORTANT, THE MODEL IS HX510 BUT NOT AVAILABLE IN MODEL OPTIONS *

Hi,

Model: HX510

I am trying to port forward to allow myself and friends to play on a minecraft server I am hosting, I've checked various port opening websites to see if the port is open and they all say it isn't.  Refer to the following images to help me in diagnosing the issue please!

I've additionally used the IP address for the gaming machine that is hosting the server as another thread by Kevin_Z suggested. I think I'm mostly unsure if my IP address is private or public, but the recomended wikipedia page isn't entirely helpful in remedying the issue, so any advice is appreciated!

I'm also thinking that my connection type is "Dynamic IP", would it need to be static?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Port Forwarding to host a Minecraft Server-Solution
2023-12-01 06:02:40 - last edited 2023-12-04 07:16:51

@elijamiesont 

Your issue comes from the fact that you're behind a CG-NAT.

The only thing you can do is to contact your ISP and ask for an option to have your public IP address on your router's WAN port.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding to host a Minecraft Server-Solution
2023-12-01 06:02:40 - last edited 2023-12-04 07:16:51

@elijamiesont 

Your issue comes from the fact that you're behind a CG-NAT.

The only thing you can do is to contact your ISP and ask for an option to have your public IP address on your router's WAN port.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Port Forwarding to host a Minecraft Server
2023-12-01 06:04:36

@terziyski 

Appreciate the help, thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 389

Replies: 2

Related Articles