RE305 AC1200 Wi-fi Range Extender only showing Power light following reboot

2023-12-07 12:38:42
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

My RE305 AC1200 Wi-fi Range Extender stopped connecting to the wifi. It was showing as connected but no internet. All lights were showing as expected.

Reboot
I checked the troubleshooting guide and unplugged/rebooted the extender. However, it only comes back on with the Power light. I tried multiple reboots and still only the power light (the Signal light briefly flashes red).

Reset

I tried resetting using the button and all the lights came on (all blue but signal was pink) briefly but then just the power button. Still unable to connect.

Solution

It turns out that the reset was not working. I changed from using a pen to a pin but still was not working. I confirmed this with the Support agent as my old extender SSIDs continued to display as available on my devices. A reset should change those names back to the original SSID, e.g. TP-link _extender.

I reset again (pushed for 1 second) and the power button only came on and TP-link _extender became available in my devices. I was then able to set-up again using the Tether app. https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/1373/

I hope this helps

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE305 AC1200 Wi-fi Range Extender only showing Power light following reboot
2023-12-07 12:39:14

Posting here so I have my own record and to help others.

Options
Re:RE305 AC1200 Wi-fi Range Extender only showing Power light following reboot
2024-03-20 16:44:18

@Garp 

Options