Votes

Custom dns in DoH List

Votes

Custom dns in DoH List

13 Reply
Re:Custom dns in DoH List
2024-06-23 07:03:19

Hello  @itachimetal ,

It has been a while since I posted here. We are still active on this thread and facing issues. I take it that it means: "Users having the freedom to choose Custom DNS Server" is not high on the list of things to do for TP-Link developers.

I must address your privacy concerns though. I am sure TP-Link privacy policies would let you know what information is collected from End Users. It is expected from most mainstream companies who offer competitive pricing on such products. However, by no means am I saying that this is a good thing.

To mitigate your privacy concerns, I recommend you switch to hardware that support open protocols and firmware. There are open source Router Operating Systems on the internet too. You may check them out!

I am using two routers: TL-WR841N and Archer C6. The Archer C6 Router limits DoH support to 3 Servers. Users cannot enter their Custom DoH Server manually.
Options
2024-06-23 07:09:31

Greetings  @sunil012 

I am using the current generation Archer C6 v4. I can answer your question.

As of now, the Archer C6 v4 router has a defective option for DoH. It means that the option is present, but it does not work. You cannot use DoH with this router currently. I am waiting for the developers to fix this via Software Updates.

As you can see, there is very little communication from the company staff or developers here in this forum. I wish they were more active in sharing out status of issues, progress timelines and expected release of software updates with users of their products. However, it is just wishful thinking.

I wish you a good day!

I am using two routers: TL-WR841N and Archer C6. The Archer C6 Router limits DoH support to 3 Servers. Users cannot enter their Custom DoH Server manually.
Options
2024-06-25 16:45:26

@thisispratyay 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Options

Voters 2

Tags

DoH
nextdns