Failed extension of existing network

2024-01-18 20:13:52 - last edited 2024-01-18 21:59:40

Good evening,

So I recently moved to a house and wanted to extend an existing Powerline network. The 2 initial devices are of the AV600 family and are working. I bought 2 other devices of the AV1000 family and added them to the network. All lights are lit so the set-up should be fine, however when connecting the ethernet cable to my tv box, the tv says that no cable is connected (even yet the ethernet light on the powerline is lit).

I switched the new device with one of the old ones (AV600) and the TV box worked, so the issue seems effectively with the powerline and not with the ethernet cable, tv box or the power network.

Anyone able to help? I read both families should be compatible, even if their might be performance issues.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Failed extension of existing network-Solution
2024-01-18 20:58:45 - last edited 2024-01-18 21:59:40

@MVH10 

Have you tried to add the tpPLC utility to add the new powerline adapters - here.

While AV600 and AV1000 are compatible you should bear in mind the overall Powerline rate will adaopt the lowest HomePlug AV standard rate when using various TP-Link Powerline adapter models in the same network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:Failed extension of existing network-Solution
2024-01-18 20:58:45 - last edited 2024-01-18 21:59:40

@MVH10 

Have you tried to add the tpPLC utility to add the new powerline adapters - here.

While AV600 and AV1000 are compatible you should bear in mind the overall Powerline rate will adaopt the lowest HomePlug AV standard rate when using various TP-Link Powerline adapter models in the same network.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Failed extension of existing network
2024-01-18 21:22:31

@terziyski I have looked at this, but these models don't figure amid the available devices. These are ethernet pligs and no wifi routers

Options
2024-01-18 21:35:10

@MVH10 

It would've been helpful if you've mentioned what is the PLC model in question.

Click on the arrow in this FAQ and check if your device model is listed there:

The tpPLC utility works either with PA or WPA models.

Options
2024-01-23 09:14:03

@MVH10 

Hi, I'm sorry but I'm a total noob in this. I tried to get it done in the app, but there's just nothing happening. App states no device is found. The device is TL-PA7017P KIT, which is not a wireless booster, so I don't get how the app should be finding these devices wirelessly.

Options
2024-01-23 14:52:33

@MVH10 

The idea is that tpPLC utility to find the new device through the powerline network.

Try this troubleshooting video and check if that helps to find the problem.

If you still experincing this issue try this troubleshooting guide.

Options
2024-01-24 07:59:47

@terziyski 

Ok, thank you for your swift replies. I got it working by myself. I switched the devide wired to the router to one of the new devices (AV1000) and paired the other devices from thereon. No idea if this is purely hasard, but got them all working 👍

Thanks for all your help!

Options
2024-01-24 08:20:43

@MVH10 

Well done, you did that right.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 277

Replies: 7

Related Articles