Port Forwarding Not Working for a Minecraft Server - Need Help!

2024-02-06 13:28:26
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.8.3 Build 20210201 Rel. 63925

I've encountered a frustrating issue that I hope you can help me with. I'm in the process of setting up a Minecraft server for me and my friends to enjoy, but I've hit a snag with the port forwarding. Despite following all the steps I could find online, minecraft server port forwarding is not working on my end.

I've gone through the process of setting up the port forwarding in my router settings, aiming to open up the necessary port to allow others to join my Minecraft server. However, when I check to see if the port is open, it appears to be closed. I'm at a bit of a loss on how to proceed or what I might be doing wrong.

Here's what I've done so far:

1. Ensured the server's IP address and port number are correctly entered in my router's port forwarding section.
  2. Checked my firewall settings to make sure the port isn't being blocked on my PC.
  3. Attempted to verify the open port using various online tools, all of which indicate the port is closed.

I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community for any advice, tips, or solutions you might have. Have any of you faced a similar issue with minecraft server port forwarding not working? How did you resolve it? Any insight or assistance would be greatly appreciated as I'm eager to get this server up and running for my friends and me.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding Not Working for a Minecraft Server - Need Help!
2024-02-06 14:15:45

@GailCurtis 

Go through this thread for troubleshooting your issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options