Deco does not connect devices close to it.

2024-02-12 20:42:07
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.7.3 Build 20230906 Rel. 59203

My residence has 3 floors, I have 1 deco installed on each floor and on the third floor the deco on the terrace the devices do not connect to it, they connect to the second floor. Note, I have 3 devices that are always on and practically next to the deco but they don't connect. Will I find any solution?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco does not connect devices close to it.
2024-02-12 20:56:39 - last edited 2024-02-12 20:58:59

@Jeffjb 

Unplug Deco unit on the terrace, bring it to the room where Main Deco is and power it on there, but do not connect with Ethernet cable to Main Deco. Leave it at wireless connection. See if it will connect to Main Deco, that its LED go green, and when it does check what will it show in Deco app for Terrace Deco under "Connected to."

Example:

The purpose of this test is to find if Terrace Deco can broadcast WiFi signal and can use both WiFi bands. Failure of that test could mean hardware issue with Terrace Deco, and if there is - that issue might prevent devices from connecting to it.

Options
2024-02-13 07:47:14
Use the signal source and connection preference to adjust for the devices part
Options
2024-02-18 01:20:32

@Omochao I carried out this procedure but was unsuccessful, I turned off the equipment and restarted the deco.

Options
2024-02-18 01:27:04

@Alexandre. I carried out the procedure and it normally connected to the deco man, it stayed like that for a few days and still no device connected to it.

Options
2024-02-18 03:01:40
Have you tried to turn off "fast roaming". Try turning that off, and see if your device roams to it successfully. Mine had issues with 2 X50 and 1 X20, when fast roaming turned on, it will have problems roaming to each and every nodes. When I turned off the fast roaming option, it changes to every node quickly. This only happens to one of my phone but other phones like iPhone Samsung and Xiaomi had no issues. But even after I turned it off, the other devices are also successfully roaming without any issues. You may try it.
Options