Unable to connect to my office network through SonicWall NetExtender

2024-02-13 18:46:44 - last edited 2024-02-21 18:45:50
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 230811 Rel.61080n_Beta

I have been working from home, connecting to my office network via SonicWall NetExtender. My internet connection is facilitated through a router (MR600_V3) that uses a Jio SIM. Recently, I upgraded the Jio SIM to 5G and subsequently faced issues with accessing the internet through the router.

To rectify this, I updated the router’s firmware to version 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 230811 Rel.61080n_Beta. Post the update, I was able to regain internet access as before. However, a new issue has arisen. I am now unable to connect to my office network through SonicWall NetExtender from my PC.

Interestingly, when I connect my PC to the internet using a mobile hotspot, I am able to connect to the office network through SonicWall NetExtender without any issues.

Please help me as soon as possible.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to connect to my office network through SonicWall NetExtender
2024-02-21 06:04:21

@PiyushM 

When you test the mobile phone hotspot, is the phone using the same Jio 5G SIM card?
Please make sure the VPN Passthrough are all enabled on the MR600: 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-02-21 18:45:18 - last edited 2024-02-21 18:45:50

@Sunshine 

Model: Archer MR600  

Hardware Version: V3

Firmware Version: 1.1.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 230811 Rel.61080n_Beta

Yes, the phone was using the same jio 5G SIM. 

Additionally, all VPN pass through are enabled:

I am providing some additional information regardign dial up settigs or APN setting of the router and mobile.

After the update, I was not able to access the internet with default dial-up settings. I am sharing screenshots of three different dial-up settings of the router and smartphone.

In dial-up setting,

1.   PDP: IPv4 

(Not able to access the internet in this case)

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

2.   PDP: IPv4&IPv6

(Not able to access the internet in this case. While with similar settings in my smartphone, I can access the internet using same sim card):

3.   PDP: XLAT

(I can access the internet, but the issue mentioned below..)

With this setting I can access the internet but not able to connect office network through sonicwall NetExtender. 

Interestingly, when I connect my PC to the internet using a mobile hotspot, I am able to connect to the office network through SonicWall NetExtender without any issues. Even when the same card is inserted in the mobile. Please see below screenshot of smartphone:

image.png

Let me if need any other information.

Thanks and regards,

Piyush.

Options
2024-02-22 01:36:28

@PiyushM 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-06-24 16:25:16

@Sunshine 

I am facing same issue.
It seems this VPN connectivity issue exists in all 4G routers (of TP-Link) after upgrading it to beta firmware (which was done in order to use Jio 5G SIM).
I communicated with TP-link support team in call and email but no use. They simply tell it will not work as Jio uses latest technology. Sadly, I don't see any accountability in Tp-Link support team.

My initial problem was I could not get internet from my MR200 router with Jio SIM. So, as suggested by Tp-Link Support team India and this thread (https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/edit/reply?sourceId=604130), I updated the firmware. After updating the firmware, restored it to factory settings and then I reconfigured the settings from scratch. Got the internet from my Jio SIM now. So, the initial problem was solved. But, I am facing different problem now. The problem is I am unable to connect to my office network thru VPN.

VPN client used:
VPN client version: Tacitine SSL VPN GUI v11.10.0.0
Protocol: UDP.

Wasted 2 days but no trick worked.

This issue implies there is a bug in beta firmware.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 654

Replies: 4

Related Articles