Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 230710

Hi to all!

- Problem: X60 can´t connect in PPPoE mode through TP-Links GPON Terminal

- Equipment:

- ISPs Router/Modem - Askey  RTF3507VW

- Deco X60 (V2) running updated firmware 2.2.4 Build 20230601

- TP-Link Xz000-g3 (updated firmware 230710)

- Internet connection: PPPoE / optic fiber / Dynamic IP / VIVO internet provider

- The Challenge:

- Current: ISPs Router/Modem in bridge mode with Deco X60 in WiFi-Router mode

- Trying to install: TP-Link Xz000-g3 (bridge mode) modem with Deco X60 (V2) as router

Description:

I am currently using the provider´s Router/Modem in bridge mode with the Deco X60 as router and everything works fine.

Accessing the providers modem through it´s IP, I was able to take note of its VLanID=10 and Priority ZERO plus the SLID and GPON SN numbers, PPPoE user and password.

I have connected the Xz000-g3, updated it´s firmware to the above mentioned version, and set the GPON (yes, I did convert the 4 initial letters to HEX) and SLID numbers.  Also set VLanID to 10 and priority to zero. Turned off DHCP server to set it to bridge mode.

Opened the DECO APP -> MORE -> ADVANCED-> IPTV/VLAN -> turned on VLAN, setting it to custom.  VLAN ID to 10 and priority to zero.

Backed to MORE -> INTERNET CONNECTION - > CONNECTION TYPE TO PPPoE and set the username and password to the ones being used on the provider´s modem.

Saved everything, restarted all decos but I the message: No Internet connection available.

What am I doing wrong?  Please help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:PPPoE fails to connect using X60 and Xz000-g3
2024-03-05 06:08:01

@GusThePenguin 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Is the Xz000-g3 provided by your internet service provider? And may I know who is your internet service provider?

Have you tried to leave the GPON plug-and-play in the default mode and didn't try to configure any settings, then configure both VLAN and PPPOE on Deco X60?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 144

Replies: 1

Related Articles