Store Tapo C310 data on a FritzNas

2024-03-19 16:06:35 - last edited 2024-03-28 03:34:03
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

How to store the data of a Tapo C310 on a specific NAS device, requiring configuring the Tapo C310 camera with the FTP protocal and defining the storage location? I am using a Fritzbox 7560 with a USB connected HDD, FritzNas. I can configure the Fritznas to receive the data. However, the next step is to define IN THE CAMERA the FTP server (fritz.box or it's IP address), the user name, password and storage location. I have been searching the internet but cannot find the answer. Is this possible with the FTP 310? Or is there some workaround? Thanks for the feedback.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Store Tapo C310 data on a FritzNas-Solution
2024-03-20 09:47:47 - last edited 2024-03-28 03:34:03

@Geraldus 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to view the camera on PC/NAS/NVR through RTSP/Onvif Protocol and to store the video recordings on PC/NAS/NVR, you need to configure the relevant recording settings. 
Note: for the detailed storage configurations on the PC/NAS/NVR, please contact the device support if you don't know how to configure the settings.
How to view Tapo camera on PC/NAS/NVR through RTSP/Onvif Protocol?

The camera does not support the feature of storing video recordings to a FTP server directly.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Store Tapo C310 data on a FritzNas-Solution
2024-03-20 09:47:47 - last edited 2024-03-28 03:34:03

@Geraldus 

Hi,
You can refer to the link below to view the camera on PC/NAS/NVR through RTSP/Onvif Protocol and to store the video recordings on PC/NAS/NVR, you need to configure the relevant recording settings. 
Note: for the detailed storage configurations on the PC/NAS/NVR, please contact the device support if you don't know how to configure the settings.
How to view Tapo camera on PC/NAS/NVR through RTSP/Onvif Protocol?

The camera does not support the feature of storing video recordings to a FTP server directly.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Store Tapo C310 data on a FritzNas
2024-03-20 11:15:58

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the fast reply! Maybe it is my lack of knowledge, I had come this far but am still stuck.

I have configured my router Fritzbox 7560 to receive the live stream, as your link explains, no problem.

See also attached youtube, sorry in German: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0XXZsh1vAA

However, language will be no problem to see that at 4min13sec the movie shows that as the next step one needs to to define IN THE CAMERA the FTP server (fritz.box or it's IP address), the user name, password and storage location.

So this is where I am still stuck. Any suggestion that might help is very welcome & thanks again anyway for your help.

With kind regards,

Gerard (The Netherlands)

Options
2024-03-21 09:00:59

@Geraldus 

Hi, 
Our Tapo cameras do not support the feature of storing video recordings on a specific FTP server, so you can't define the FTP server info(such as IP address, username, and password) on the camera settings page.

Take our VIGI NVR as an example, you can refer to the instructions below to stream the Tapo cam with the VIGI NVR, and the NVR has the feature to store the camera's recordings, no need to configure any more settings on the camera. You can configure the storage settings on the NVR as per your desire.
How to Setup Tapo Wireless Camera with VIGI NVR? (Pay attention to the settings at 1min50seconds)

Best Regards

Options
2024-04-03 09:58:48

Thanks for the feedback. I hope that TP-Link adds the functionality in the code to define an FTP server.

Should be pretty simple and would avoid the installing a 2nd NAS. Saving space, money, environmental pollution and making the Tapo camera more attractive to buy.

Options
2024-04-08 11:48:59

@Geraldus 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback. You can vote on this thread "Save Videos on FTP Server / SMB share", and we will keep logging the feature request and forward it to the related team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 233

Replies: 5

Related Articles