How to add archer c80 to a one mesh network

2024-03-22 18:55:28 - last edited 3 weeks ago

Hi I have an archer axe75 router as my main router. I have an archer c80( as an ap) connected to it via ethernet. How do I add/ensure the new archer ap is part of the one mesh network?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to add archer c80 to a one mesh network-Solution
2024-03-25 08:58:43 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Nicmerr 

Hi, OneMesh doesn't support router to router connection, while EasyMesh support it, however, your main router Archer AXE75 doesn't support EasyMesh yet.

For Archer C80, it supports EasyMesh and EasyMesh ethernet backhaul, but not in AP mode, thus AXE75 and C80 cannot form a mesh network via Ethernet backhaul now.

However, some users had successful attempts to use OneMesh router as main router and use EasyMesh router as satellite via WPS, if you would like to disconnect the cable between then and connect wirelessly, you could refer to this reply for a try: 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/649026?replyId=1300122

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to add archer c80 to a one mesh network-Solution
2024-03-25 08:58:43 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Nicmerr 

Hi, OneMesh doesn't support router to router connection, while EasyMesh support it, however, your main router Archer AXE75 doesn't support EasyMesh yet.

For Archer C80, it supports EasyMesh and EasyMesh ethernet backhaul, but not in AP mode, thus AXE75 and C80 cannot form a mesh network via Ethernet backhaul now.

However, some users had successful attempts to use OneMesh router as main router and use EasyMesh router as satellite via WPS, if you would like to disconnect the cable between then and connect wirelessly, you could refer to this reply for a try: 

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/649026?replyId=1300122

Recommended Solution
Options