Archer ax55 and NordVpn Wireguard

a week ago - last edited a week ago

Hi,

https://www.tp-link.com/nl/support/faq/3785/

Which router is this guide referring to?

I have an Archer ax55 V1 and it doesn't have this insertion solution.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer ax55 and NordVpn Wireguard-Solution

@I-Data 

As far as TP-Link's regular Wi-Fi routers are concerned, at present the AX55 V1 with the latest beta or release (TW) firmware is the only one supporting quick configuration ("Rapid VPN Configuration").

All other devices in the "list" are Deco models.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/272492

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer ax55 and NordVpn Wireguard
a week ago

@I-Data 

This seems to be a universal configuration guide - there's no device models pointed explicitly like in this example:

Do you have any issue sfollowing the guide ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

I tested several Tp-Link routers but none were able to accept NordVpn wireguard without having a .conf file, so that solution is either a joke or I don't know. But being an official page it seems strange and misleading to me at the very least... I would say tending to make people believe that it is feasible. If this were the case it would be very unfair for those who purchase a Tp-Link router.

Options

@I-Data 

How about this guide - I believe that's the guide what you're looking for.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
a week ago

@I-Data 

Hi,as far as I know, if we want to install NordVPN Wireguard manully, it is necessary to import the configuration file on a third-party VPN client, like TP-Link. Or you have to use Nord APP to configure. Related FAQs for your reference:

How to install a VPN on TP-Link Wi-Fi Router(For expressVPN,nordvpn, etc)

How to set up WireGuard VPN on TP-Link wireless router

For your Archer AX55 V1, you may try this firmware version below, which adds rapid configuration for third-party VPN providers:

https://www.tp-link.com/tw/support/download/archer-ax55/v1/#Firmware

The method: How to set the NordVPN WireGuard on TP-Link Wireless Router

BTW, I think this thread should be useful for most users.

Options
a week ago

@Marvin_S 

Hi Marvin,
thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for, if there was also the kill switch in my opinion it would be a godsend for those who use VPNs in various contexts. As in places on earth where various dictatorships prevent access to the outside, but even more so for the simplicity of the configuration and more.

Can you tell me a real and current list of routers that use quick configuration like the AX55?

Immensely grateful.

I-Data

Options
a week ago

@terziyski 

Hi,

Thank you.

Options
Re:Archer ax55 and NordVpn Wireguard-Solution

@I-Data 

As far as TP-Link's regular Wi-Fi routers are concerned, at present the AX55 V1 with the latest beta or release (TW) firmware is the only one supporting quick configuration ("Rapid VPN Configuration").

All other devices in the "list" are Deco models.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/272492

Recommended Solution
Options

@woozle 

Thanks for the report, but I had already read the article.

I have searched everywhere and nowhere in the various "readme" attached to the firmware is there any trace of this option as you can clearly read in the documentation that accompanies the Archer AX55 V1 fw. Unfortunately you can't buy all the "Decos" listed to test them.

For example, I tried X50 and I didn't find this function even though it is in the published list.

Then I noticed that none of the 4G "Decos" are listed....

Okay, it means that we will wait for official news for each individual router.

Little O.T.
Personally I still think that a VPN router without Kill Switch is useless and dangerous.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 228

Replies: 8

Related Articles