How to make my connection seamless

a week ago - last edited a week ago

TP-Link AC1900. Extender 550

The extender is working fine, except that when I set it up, in error I made it distinct from the regular wifi.  When I am in that area of the house I need to change my wifi to use it.  I'd like the Wifi transition from one area of the house to another to be seamless and simply boost the regular signal.  Not at all techie here but I follow clear instruction well.  Thanks for your help!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to make my connection seamless-Solution

@PLJns 

Hi,

The simplest way would be to reset the RE550 to factory default settings by pressing the Reset button (inside the small hole labeled "Reset") and then set it up again like you did before, with the difference that this time you make the network names identical to those of the "regular Wi-Fi".

However, whether the Wi-Fi transition will be seamless or not depends wholly on your client devices (phone, tablet, laptop), because when used as a regular wireless extender the RE550 won't assist with the transition.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to make my connection seamless-Solution

@PLJns 

Hi,

The simplest way would be to reset the RE550 to factory default settings by pressing the Reset button (inside the small hole labeled "Reset") and then set it up again like you did before, with the difference that this time you make the network names identical to those of the "regular Wi-Fi".

However, whether the Wi-Fi transition will be seamless or not depends wholly on your client devices (phone, tablet, laptop), because when used as a regular wireless extender the RE550 won't assist with the transition.

Recommended Solution
Options