Archer TXE75E Install Confusion

2024-05-13 03:26:27 - last edited 2024-05-19 03:31:16
Model: Archer TXE75E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I bought a TP-Link Archer TXE75E last week to upgrade my PC networking, and I have a couple of questions I hope someone could help with, please.

Firstly, the bluetooth. The instructions say to disble the existing bluetooth device, and to remember to disable all existing bluetooth devices. This is a very broad statement, and I'm unsure if it means things like mice, keyboards, etc., or absolutely everything including system stuff? I don't know. Am I supposed to disable everything in the screenshot?

Bluetooth screenshot

Thanks

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Archer TXE75E Install Confusion-Solution
2024-05-14 05:19:51 - last edited 2024-05-19 03:31:22

Hello @woozle,

Thanks so much for your reply.

So, if I interpret your message correctly, I need to:

1. turn my pc off and disconnect the TXE75E BT cable,
  2. boot the PC and disable all items shown under 'Bluetooth',
  3. shut down the PC and reconnect the TXE75E BT cable,
  4. boot the PC and TXE75E BT controller should show up, then I go ahead and re-link everything to it

Is that right? I was too nervous to disable everything in case I was turning system protocols or something off, but if that's the idea then I'll gladly comply :)

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-05-14 06:56:26 - last edited 2024-05-19 03:31:16

@747fan 

In step 2 you only disable the Bluetooth controller (i.e. 1 item), if there was any. All other entries need to remain enabled.

As I said in my other post, in your screenshot I can only identify one entry as being a Bluetooth controller, which is the one from the TXE75E (Intel ...). So there is nothing that needs to be disabled.

In case your Device Manager does still show the "Bluetooth" section after you've unplugged the USB of the TXE75E, then make another screenshot and post it here and we will have a look.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer TXE75E Install Confusion
2024-05-13 18:18:38

@747fan 

Hi,

They are talking about any Bluetooth controller (chip) that may have been in the PC before the TXE75E is installed.

If the Device Manager did not even show a "Bluetooth" section before you installed the TXE75E, then you don't need to do anything, because no "Bluetooth" section means there was no other Bluetooth controller.

If the "Bluetooth" section in the Device Manager existed already before you've installed the TXE75E, then it means your PC already has another Bluetooth controller. 
I think you should know best, whether your PC had Bluetooth before you got the TXE75 or not. 
Did the MX Master 3 mouse perhaps come with its own (USB) Bluetooth controller?

The "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)" shown in your screenshot is the Bluetooth controller built into the TXE75E and it doesn't look like there is any other Bluetooth controller. So you don't need to disable anything.

Anyway, Microsoft Windows can only handle one Bluetooth controller and if there are more than one installed, then Windows will automatically disable any surplus Bluetooth controllers (of its own choice), unless the user himself has already disabled the Bluetooth controller(s) he doesn't want to use.

Options
2024-05-14 05:19:51 - last edited 2024-05-19 03:31:22

Hello @woozle,

Thanks so much for your reply.

So, if I interpret your message correctly, I need to:

1. turn my pc off and disconnect the TXE75E BT cable,
  2. boot the PC and disable all items shown under 'Bluetooth',
  3. shut down the PC and reconnect the TXE75E BT cable,
  4. boot the PC and TXE75E BT controller should show up, then I go ahead and re-link everything to it

Is that right? I was too nervous to disable everything in case I was turning system protocols or something off, but if that's the idea then I'll gladly comply :)

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-05-14 06:56:26 - last edited 2024-05-19 03:31:16

@747fan 

In step 2 you only disable the Bluetooth controller (i.e. 1 item), if there was any. All other entries need to remain enabled.

As I said in my other post, in your screenshot I can only identify one entry as being a Bluetooth controller, which is the one from the TXE75E (Intel ...). So there is nothing that needs to be disabled.

In case your Device Manager does still show the "Bluetooth" section after you've unplugged the USB of the TXE75E, then make another screenshot and post it here and we will have a look.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-05-14 22:45:42 - last edited 2024-05-14 22:45:58

Hi @woozle,

Your first line, "...you only disable the Bluetooth controller (i.e. 1 item), if there was any. All other entries need to remain enabled", was the crucial piece of information I needed for clarity, thank you so much. This defines the specific items to be disabled. Ideally, it would be great if the Device Manager had the term 'Bluetooth Controller' in the description as well to make it clearly identifiable which item is actually the controller.

Anyway, I walked through the steps I listed and when I rebooted my PC there were no other BT items listed, so I reconnected the TXE75E, booted it up, and the controller was showing, so I paired all the devices to it and everything works.

Thank you!

P.S. If someone ONLY had BT mice and keyboards, I don't know how you'd be able to install this device unless you had a cabled keyboard on standby?

Options
2024-05-18 17:55:52 - last edited 2024-05-18 17:56:35

@747fan 

Well, going by Logitech's official "How to connect ..." video, they just assume that you have another pointing device ready to install their Bluetooth pointing device or keyboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKg2G3u0APM

Options
2024-05-19 03:25:21

Hi @woozle,

Yes it seems that they do make the assumption that people are coming from wired to wireless. I guess this means that we all need to keep a wire keyboard and mouse in the shed :)

Options