Destination host unreachable on local network

3 weeks ago
Model: Deco BE65  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20240322 Rel. 57053

I just purchased the Deco BE63 (wasn't on the model list above so I had to choose Deco BE65). Generally like it but have some kind of odd problems.

The problem for this post is I just discovered I cannot ping other devices on the local network other than the gateway (192.168.68.1). Attempting to ping another device on the network results in either a "Request timed out" error on IPv6 or a "Destination host unreachable" error. 

If I try to ping the address directly I also get a "Destination host unreachable" error.

I can ping addresses on the internet.

In addition, host names for some devices are not recognized. 

All devices here on the main network. There are currently none on the Guest network and I don't have the IoT enabled.

Device Isolation is disabled. 

Operation Model is Wi-Fi Router.

I'm switching from an Eero Pro 6E mesh network and before that I had an Orbi mesh network. On both of those I could reach other devices on the network. 

At this point I have no idea what to try next. 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Destination host unreachable on local network
3 weeks ago

@CoryGM Welcome to the community.

It is supposed to work as intended. I might need to forward your case to the senior engineers later.

In the meantime, could you please help me check the following details:

1. May I know who is your internet service provider? Is there another router in front of Deco? maybe a double NAT?

2. Do you have any customized LAN DNS servers?

Please check later whether you could receive my email.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
3 weeks ago
@David-TP Thank you for the response. In answer to your questions: My ISP is Xfinity and the only thing in front of the Deco is the Xfinity modem. There is no custom DNS in my environment. ~Cory
Options
2 weeks ago

@CoryGM 

Thank you very much for the update.

The case has been forwarded to the senior engineer for further assistance. And Have you received my email yet? 

Wait for your reply and Best regards.

Options
2 weeks ago

@TP-Link I saw the e-mail asking for my ISP and if I had a custom DNS. I responded to that above in this thread. 

The one asking for my number ended up in my junk mail for some reason. I just now saw it because I hadn't checked there until your question about it.

Unfortunately, having to sneaker net files to print and not being able to access my NAS was a killer inconvenience. I didn't have a choice but to send it back and go with a different solution. 

~Cory

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 159

Replies: 4

Related Articles