How to add Philips Hue bridge and Arlo (smart camera) Hub to DECO X50 IoT network

How to add Philips Hue bridge and Arlo (smart camera) Hub to DECO X50 IoT network

2024-07-05 15:49:38 - last edited 2024-07-09 11:33:15
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

Hi.  I have 3 DECO X50s at home.  I also have two Philips Hue bridges and an Arlo Hub for smart lights and cameras respectively.  The Hue bridge and Arlo Hub have to be connected to the router by ethernet cable, not wirelessly.  How can I connect the bridge and the hub to my DECO IoT network rather than the main network?  

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:How to add Philips Hue bridge and Arlo (smart camera) Hub to DECO X50 IoT network-Solution
2024-07-08 03:17:34 - last edited 2024-07-09 11:33:20

@Geejaysdee 

Hi

The IoT network is part of the wireless network. The main difference from the wired network is the connection technique, however they are both linked to Deco's network. The Hue bridge and Arlo Hub can also be managed together with devices in the IoT network via a wired connection to the Deco.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to add Philips Hue bridge and Arlo (smart camera) Hub to DECO X50 IoT network-Solution
2024-07-08 16:52:43 - last edited 2024-07-09 11:33:15

@Joseph-TP 

Thanks for your post - really helpful as I didn't realise the IoT netwok has to be wireless.  

So on the main network, how can I check the connection of each light and camera individually?  For example, I know one outdoor Arlo camera has a particularly weak wifi connection from the indoor Arlo Hub, so I've put a DECO unit as close as I can get it indoors.  The hub appears in the DECO app as a wired device, but at the moment I can't see any of the 5 individual cameras in the DECO app, including the one with the weak signal.  Any advice gratefull received!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
2024-07-08 03:17:34 - last edited 2024-07-09 11:33:20

@Geejaysdee 

Hi

The IoT network is part of the wireless network. The main difference from the wired network is the connection technique, however they are both linked to Deco's network. The Hue bridge and Arlo Hub can also be managed together with devices in the IoT network via a wired connection to the Deco.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-07-08 16:52:43 - last edited 2024-07-09 11:33:15

@Joseph-TP 

Thanks for your post - really helpful as I didn't realise the IoT netwok has to be wireless.  

So on the main network, how can I check the connection of each light and camera individually?  For example, I know one outdoor Arlo camera has a particularly weak wifi connection from the indoor Arlo Hub, so I've put a DECO unit as close as I can get it indoors.  The hub appears in the DECO app as a wired device, but at the moment I can't see any of the 5 individual cameras in the DECO app, including the one with the weak signal.  Any advice gratefull received!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 207

Replies: 2

Related Articles