struggling with connection to vodafone UK ISP

2024-08-10 13:34:32
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi all

Really appreciate any help here. Vodafone hub is struggling with several devices connected to it, so trying out a new router/modem.

Modem/router is TP link Archer VR400. Brand new. Have three green lights on wifi, power and DSL. 
Have been copying and pasting the username and password provided by Vodafone, so shouldn’t be issues on “lower case l being a capital I” etc

Plugged in the new devices, connecting wirelessly to the TP network. But, after going through the set up screens, being told there is no internet connection. A lot of googling has given me a range of suggested solutions but not managed to get it to work. 

1. Unsure about what ISP I should select (vodafone live support suggest BT_VDSL, but i have seen other options suggested around the web)
2. what VLAN number? (Or remove that option? Just been on vodafone live support again, they suggest VLAN 101)
3. And should I enable MER? (vodafone suggest not)
4. And anything else I am missing?!

If helpful, see screenshots at this google docs link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pmTky-9MDfaFcO6dkZbu7-WLFDmseU3G/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=106654504565164372704&rtpof=true&sd=true (I have deliberately anonymised the username, and hidden the password)

Just all seems more complicated than it needs to be. But, not had to do this before, so entirely possible I am missing very obvious things.
Thank you for any help!

Mike

Options
3 Reply
Re:struggling with connection to vodafone UK ISP
2024-08-12 08:19:34

@mikeh_1978 

Hi, thanks for posting question on our community.

It is suggested to follow tips in the troubleshooting guide.

Options
2 weeks ago
I'm having exactly the same issue with VR400/Vodafone, and I'm no tech dummy either..... so frustrating..... If I have any joy I'll post back here.
Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

I got mine working! Maybe not much help to you but Vodafone had given me my username (dsl001149117) without the @ suffix, so this was my issue.

Go to 'Advanced > Internet' and delete all existing connections, then go back to Quick Setup and try again..... screenshot of mine below when done.

Also found this below on the Vodafone forum (can't post external links) which might be of help, although I never had to use it - I selected BT_VDSL from the providers list. Failing this, probably worth checking your user/pass with Vodafone once again, as this was obviously my issue, but the router definitely works with Vodafone. Would be interested to see if you get it working and what the issue was......

List of third party router that work well with Vodafone will update as more router are confirmed working 100%

TP-Link

TP-Link Archer VR2800

TP-Link AC 1600                      ADSL and VDSL router with Ethernet + dual-band Wifi 

TP-Link TL-Link Archer VR400 V3 AC1200 Wireless MU-MIMO Dual Band

TP-Link VR600                        ADSL and VDSL router with Ethernet + dual-band Wifi 

TP-Link W9970                        ADSL and VDSL router with Ethernet + dual-band Wifi 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 205

Replies: 3

Related Articles