"Trouble with TP-Link Archer TX20E: 'Unable to Connect to This Network' Error

2024-08-11 23:39:42 - last edited a week ago
Model: Archer TX20E  
Hardware Version: V13
Firmware Version:

I'm having a really frustrating time with my new TP-Link Archer TX20E WiFi card. After installing it in my PC and setting up the drivers, I've been running into some serious connection problems:

1. Unable to Connect: 9 times out of 10, I get an error saying "unable to connect to this network." This is really confusing because every other device in my house (phones, tablets, laptops) connects just fine.
  2. No Internet: On the rare occasion that I do connect, I either have no internet access despite being "connected," or nothing will load.
  3. Frequent Disconnects: If I manage to get connected, it usually disconnects on its own after a minute or two, which is incredibly frustrating.

I've tried all the standard fixes like restarting the router, reinstalling drivers, and even switching PCIe slots on my motherboard, but nothing seems to help.

All other devices in my home are working perfectly, so I’m pretty sure the issue is with this card. Has anyone else had similar issues with the TX20E, or does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this? I’m desperate for a solution.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:"Trouble with TP-Link Archer TX20E: 'Unable to Connect to This Network' Error
2 weeks ago

@ilysolar 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Have you tried to test this adapter on a different computer?

SInce Archer TX20E supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, do you have the same issue on both bands?

If the main router supports "fast/seamless roaming", It is also suggested to temporatily disable the roaming protocol to see whether it helped or not.

Thanks again and best regards.

Options