UB500 partial incompatibility with PSVR2 controllers

UB500 partial incompatibility with PSVR2 controllers

18 Reply
Re:UB500 partial incompatibility with PSVR2 controllers
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@StevieJayDee This forum does not allow links but if you google my thread mentioned in the OP, that contains links to said solution.

Options
Re:UB500 partial incompatibility with PSVR2 controllers-Solution

@adamscybot @StevieJayDee 

Hi

Thank you all for your valuable feedback. In response to reports of lag when using UB500 with Sony PSVR2, we have released a new driver version for you to test.

Direct Deload Driver
We encourage you to test this new driver and share your experience with us.

If you encounter any issues or notice any improvements while testing the new driver, please provide detailed feedback to help us further enhance its performance and compatibility. 
Your input is crucial in our ongoing efforts to deliver the best possible user experience. 

Warm regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

@Joseph-TP Hello. Please tell me, what exactly did you change in the drivers? What lines were added or adjusted and can you make the driver version so that it would reveal the potential of version 5.3? Because I see that your version number is not the latest.

Options

@Joseph-TP Amazing, thanks a lot! There's some early results that this it is working in some reddit comments. I will try myself tomorrow and report back.

Also, big credit to everyone involved at TP-LINK for putting in some effort to respond to this issue and address it. The whole experience since the issue was notified, some comms back and forth, to now having a new driver with a potential fix has been professional. A lot of manufacturers would have had no outlet to even raise it, never mind affirmatively responding and investing time and effort in such an esoteric issue! Especially in a situation where most likely unexpected pressure suddenly came from nowhere. So, sincerely, please pass on my thanks to all the support & technical/software folks behind the scenes who have been investigating this. Once its rolled out, this will inevitably save a lot of people from frustration. Sony should also thank you for this!

I have now linked your reply from the original reddit post. When I get a moment tomorrow I'm also going to take some time to highlight older UB500 rows in the spreadsheet itself with additional info about this, and also mention it in the form itself. As to provide an up-to-date assessment that does not unfairly reflect on the UB500 moving forward.

As mentioned above I'd also love to know what the issue turned out to be on a technical level just out of pure curiosity. Since the beginning I've been somewhat baffled by what led to orientation data working but x/y/z periodically breaking (implying there was always a BT connection, so the issue was at a higher abstraction); But that's my software engineer itch -- no worries if that's not possible :).

Thanks again.

Options
a week ago

@Joseph-TP 

Firstly I wanted to thank you for your support. I'm from Brazil and many people here were complaining about this problem with the UB500. However, I installed this drive that you made available and my PSVR2 controller no longer had the freezing problem. Previously, the controller would freeze every minute, but after installing this drive I played for 2 hours without any problems. Please convey my thanks to the entire company team responsible for the solution. If I find a problem, I come here to report it. God bless you.
Options
a week ago

@GennadijK87 

Hi,

There is no science involved here.

If you look at the surveys that were mentioned earlier in this thread you can see that owners of the A**S USB-BT500, which utilizes the same Realtek chip as the TP-Link UB500, were reporting their devices as working "Stable". The driver A**S is offering for download on their official website is version 1.9.1038.3001.

What TP-Link did now is to provide the same "known good" driver version 1.9.1038.3001 as well.

Apparently, Realtek (the company who makes the Bluetooth chip and the drivers) must have made changes in later versions of the drivers that induce the issues that users have been reporting. Let's hope they can fix this in a future version of the driver so that we can enjoy a stable connection as well as Bluetooth 5.3 functionality.

Options
a week ago

@woozle Thank you for your answer.
I wonder if there will be a final version of these drivers, otherwise I read somewhere on reddit they write that this is supposedly still a beta version.
And how can I contact Realtek to explain all this to them?

Options
a week ago

@GennadijK87 

I am not sure what would be the best way to contact them. Perhaps send an e-mail to one of their Technical Support addresses. https://www.realtek.com/Article/Index?menu_id=847&lang=en-GB

Options

Tags

Blutooth
psvr2
Related Articles