BE85: Web Interface does not show correct SSID Information, but the Mobile app does

BE85: Web Interface does not show correct SSID Information, but the Mobile app does

3 weeks ago
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: 1.0.20 Build 20240726 Rel. 12243

Hello I wanted to report an issue with the Deco BE85 running the latest firmware.

After configuring the network with the TPLink Deco Application, I've set up Two separate SSIDs, one for the 5Ghz Network and another for the 6Ghz Network. These are named differently with different passwords. Inside of the application I can see both of these networks, and I can log into both of them as well with devices. I believe both are working correctly.

The problem is when I log into the web interface of the main device via a browser and log into the web interface. Currently in the Wireless Section of the TP-Link Control Panel at the route `/webpages/index.html#networkMap` there is only one SSID, the 5Ghz Listed.I can however see devices in the "Connected Clients" all Decos that are connected to the 6ghz network. The network map in the web interface (but not the app) simply does not show the 6ghz network at all, despite it clearly being up and running.

When I navigate to the Advance > Status, I cannot see the 6Ghz Network there either.

At one point both were showing and after a reboot, or firmware update, or SSID name change they are now gone. Its something I noticed after troubleshooting in the app and verifying in the web portal. Again, the app shows everything correctly, but there's some kind of incorrect state in the Web Control Panel

A few more things to note
- I am running in Access Point Mode with Ethernet Backhaul on all the Deco Nodes
- As stated, Deviced can connect to the 6Ghz SSID, so this is a view-state error rather than an operational error
- I have; at one point, changed the name of the SSID while configuring the devices, updated firmware and rebooted. Sometime in the proces, the list got in a bad state, but since the system is operational I don't want to do a full reinstall from a factory reset state. 

Here is a screenshot. Where the Wireless section should show multiple entries.

Here is the Status page, it is missing the SSID for the 6ghz

Unrelated to this problem, I do not understand why the web interface is read only. Why can I not manage any of the information related to the networks in here, such as changing the SSID and passwprd? Is this a planned feature or is this 'working as intended'? It would be nice to manage these devices web-first like most other network applicances. 

Thanks for your time, and lmk if there's anything further I can provide to assist in this bug report.

Options
1 Reply
Re:BE85: Web Interface does not show correct SSID Information, but the Mobile app does
3 weeks ago

@the-simian 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

It has been reported to the senior engineers and I will also check whether there might be similar feedback.

Regarding the ready-only web UI,  the Deco APP remains the primary control and management tool. Currently, there hasn't been a plan to develop a comprehensive management web interface. If there is any adjustment later, I'm sure the community users will be informed at once. 

Thanks again and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 85

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles