Archer T3U Plus: Random Disconnects and High Ping Spikes

2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi everyone,

I’m facing some issues with my Archer T3U Plus adapter, and I could really use some help. The two main problems are:

1. Random Disconnects: These disconnections occur unpredictably, but they’ve become more frequent lately, especially when I’m playing The First Descendant, which requires a constant connection. I can’t get past the first five minutes of the tutorial without being disconnected.

2. High Ping Spikes: At random times, I experience high ping spikes that make online activities frustrating.

My System:

• AMD-based system

What I’ve Tried:

• Updated BIOS to the latest version.
  • Upgraded and downgraded the TP-Link drivers.
  • Installed the Archer T3U Plus(UN)_V1_win10&win11_191204 driver.
  • Installed the Realtek Chipset Driver for Archer T2U (Nano/Plus)/T3U (Nano/Plus)/T4U (Plus)/T4UH/T9UH (Win7/Win10).
  • Plugging the adapter into a 2.0 usb port.

Temporary "Solution":

The only temporary fix I’ve found is going into Device Manager and changing the wireless mode to IEEE 802.11b/g. However, this significantly slows down my connection, which isn’t ideal.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues or found a more permanent solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer T3U Plus: Random Disconnects and High Ping Spikes
2 weeks ago

@Darilomi 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

It is also suggested to install the following driver:

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/beta/2024/202405/20240527/RTWlanUSB_WindowsDriver_1030.44.0408.2024_Drv_3.00.0043_TS.L(153650).zip

Please also try to change the wireless channel on the host router, such as channel 36/48 for 5GHz Wi-Fi.

Moreover, How long have you had the adapter? How about other network activities, like video streaming and web surfing?

I don't think Archer T3U plus is powerful enough for online gaming. If the host router is WiFi 6, you might also connect updating a higher standard wireless adapter,or using a Ethernet-to- USB adapter to establish an Ethernet connection.

Thanks again and best regards.

Options
Re:Archer T3U Plus: Random Disconnects and High Ping Spikes
2 weeks ago

@David-TP 

David-TP wrote

@Darilomi 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

It is also suggested to install the following driver:

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/beta/2024/202405/20240527/RTWlanUSB_WindowsDriver_1030.44.0408.2024_Drv_3.00.0043_TS.L(153650).zip

Please also try to change the wireless channel on the host router, such as channel 36/48 for 5GHz Wi-Fi.

Moreover, How long have you had the adapter? How about other network activities, like video streaming and web surfing?

I don't think Archer T3U plus is powerful enough for online gaming. If the host router is WiFi 6, you might also connect updating a higher standard wireless adapter,or using a Ethernet-to- USB adapter to establish an Ethernet connection.

Thanks again and best regards.

So, I installed the driver, and it seems that now everything is working. It hasn't crashed a single time for more than an hour, and the ping finally seems stable. Thank you very much!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 139

Replies: 2

Related Articles