BE-85 Several issue with wifi 6e and wifi 7

17 hours ago
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.19

Network Issues with BE-85 and WiFi Performance

I currently have three BE-85 routers, all connected via 10Gb wired connections. My ISP provides a 2000/2000 Mbps speed, and I'm based in Thailand. All my devices were tested about 2 meters from the access point.

Issues with WiFi 6E:

• Windows PC (WiFi 6E on 6GHz band): I'm getting only around 400 Mbps during speed tests. When I switch back to WiFi 6 (5GHz band), I see speeds around 850 Mbps.

• iPad Pro (M4 with WiFi 6E): Similar results here. On the 6GHz band (either with MLO channel or directly), speeds range between 300-400 Mbps. But switching to the 5GHz band gives around 800 Mbps.

Issues with WiFi 7:

• iPhone 16 Pro (WiFi 7): The speeds on the MLO channel or direct 6GHz band are between 200-300 Mbps, and the connection is sometimes unstable.

Because of these issues, I've had to disable both the MLO and 6GHz channels.

It’s frustrating since I invested heavily in these devices expecting to benefit from advanced WiFi 6E and 7, but instead, I'm stuck using standard WiFi 6 like I would with much cheaper routers.

Options
2 Reply
Re:BE-85 Several issue with wifi 6e and wifi 7
10 hours ago

@Don_P 

Hi,

Thanks for posting on TP-Link Community.

Please also check the link speed in different cases. 

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

Besides, please also check the QoS settings. If it is enabled, please disable it.

And may I know your topology?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:BE-85 Several issue with wifi 6e and wifi 7
7 hours ago

@Sunshine 

Hi, Sunshine
Thank you for your quick response
From my iPhone and iPad I cannot check connection speed.
But I just can test from real world speed such as internet speed test and local transfer file from NAS to device (test from 20 GB movie).
speed from connect with wifi6E or wifi 7 about 400 Mbps compared to wifi 6 is about 800-900 Mbps.

From my Windows Laptop with wifi 6E (6Ghz) the connection speed show 2400 Mbps but actual transfer file or internet speed about 400 Mbps same as above.  But when connect with wifi 6 which connection speed show 2400 Mbps and real world transfer or internet speed test is about 800 - 1200 Mbps.

here is my topology all connect with 10Gbps ethernet backhual network.

Options