Not default gateway IP Address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-21 09:03:59
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-MR3220

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.15.2 Build 130423 Rel.61823n

ISP :

Hi, I had a Linksys WiFi router and changed it for a TP-link 3220. I have a netbook with XP home Edition, Laptop with XP profesional, Tablet and Smartphone.

The problem is only with the Netbook. It worked fine with the last Router but with TPlink 3220 I got IP address (192.168.0.103) but not default gateway IP address, to get it I must restart the netbook.

If the Netbook go to Hibernate or Sleep mode I lost the default gateway and lost the Internet connection when the Netbook wake up. However I can ping the TPlink 192.168.0.1 address and the Public IP address got from my ISP.

I think that I need check something in Microsoft services but I dont know why with other routers (Cafes, Restaurants, friend Houses) I havent this problem

Thanks for any support

Nelson
Options
1 Reply
Re:Not default gateway IP Address
2013-08-26 15:38:12
It sounds weird..
When your netbook wakes up, you can still ping the gateway (192.168.0.1) and also the Public address from ISP. This means the netbook is connected with the router well and it is also connected to the external internet. At this point, can you ping 8.8.8.8 and ping google.com on the netbook?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 614

Replies: 1

Related Articles