WDS Bridging no passing internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-09-01 13:55:51
Region : Australia

Model : TL-WR841N

Hardware Version : V8

Firmware Version : 3.13.27

ISP : bigpond

Hi can i get some advise on correct settings for WDS Bridging i has set site survey to correct network and used valid key and passwords i am using the WR841N to connect to my existing net work
when bridging is set i can ping and connect to the wr841 from my existing network (ping works ok and connecting to user interface) and from a laptop connected to the the wireless name of the WR841n but DHCP will not
be pass though to the the new wireless network (WR841n) and internet cannot be accessed either.
Wireless isolation is off. If a fixed ip on the bridged section is used remote interface is visible but i cannot ping or access the router modem on the original network , enabling dhcp on the WR841n will allow dhcp addressing but not internet access

any advise would be welcome

Thanks Tim
Options
4 Reply
Re:WDS Bridging no passing internet connection
2013-09-06 15:44:32
TL-WR841N uses 4 address WDS to bridge your exsiting network, If your original modem/router doesn't support 4 address, they may not WDS successfully.
Options
similar problem with WDS connected using survey, but no internet o main router access
2014-02-02 09:58:19
I am facing a similar problem with my WDR4300 dual band router. I enable the WDS feature using survey and every like explaning in http://www.tp-link.com/ar/article/?faqid=440. Wireless works ok in the tplink router but nothing pass to the main router network or internet. The main router is a ADSL wifi router provided by my ISP Speedy in Argentina. Before acquiring this TP Link WDR4300 I tried a similar configuration with a Nisuta routher using WDS to bridge that same main router and it works ok. I change to tplink to obtain all the power of the dual band, but I have no lack to make it work yet :(.

Thanks in advance.
Pablo
Options
2014-02-02 23:50:02
I am having the same problem! (WR1042 router) Tearing out my hair for the past week! Main access point router is 192.168.1.1 and set for DHCP and wired to Comcast cable modem. I have two WDS nodes (also WR1042) about 200 ft away.(192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3. All settings appear correct and I can see the 1.1 router on the wireless survey at about 26db. DHCP off and all the security settings have been checked and rechecked. Add to the confusion, the GUI menus come and go with no apparent reason. I have loaded the new 3.15 firmware with no real change in operating characteristics.
Options
2014-02-13 14:59:48
main router )))WDS(((1042,Have you set an static LAN IP for your 1042?If you have done the WDS,you can see the status on the web-interface.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 13452

Replies: 4

Related Articles