Unable to enable SoftAP mode...

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-12-22 03:02:06
Region : India

Model : TL-WN823N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

TL-WN823N flaw-lessly working as a Wi-Fi adaptor on my PC. But I am unable to enable the SoftAP mode, which is my primary purpose of buying this adaptor.
The TP-LINK Configuration Utility is giving an error "unable to list networks for ICS"

I am using it on desktop with Windows Vista 32-bit. My wired-internet connection is: PPPoE type (with ADSL modem with input over telephone line)

Kindly help me...
Options
5 Reply
Re:Unable to enable SoftAP mode...
2013-12-22 18:40:17
Maybe you have previously configured ad-hoc in system?
Options
2013-12-22 22:21:59

jimasek wrote

Maybe you have previously configured ad-hoc in system?

No previously configured ad-hoc on system (as seen from Manage wirelles networks in Network and Sharing centre.

Actually, this is the first time I am using a WiFi adaptor on my PC and so there is no-possibilty of earlier ad-hoc network in PC.
Options
2013-12-24 14:37:48
I think you may try to upgrade the version of utility or driver.If the way cannot help, I think you should ask TPLINK support
Options
2013-12-24 20:58:42
http://tplink-forum.pl/domowe-sieci-komputerowe/access-point-soft-ap-mode-przy-pomocy-tp-link-wireless-configuration-utility/ - I have on my forum tutorial and any problem with SoftAP configuration. Sorry this is in Polish language.
Options
2013-12-25 17:11:18
try following two method to solve it ,
method 1,enable sharing network manually.right click local areaconnection->properties->sharing. check the option:allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection
method 2,the lan IP of softAP is 192.168.0.1. it will conflict with the former router whose lan ip is 192.168.0.1 . So you can change the lan IP of former router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 729

Replies: 5