No speeds quicker than 54.0mbps - WA850RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-07-21 03:56:44
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-WA850RE

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 3.14.8 Build 140310 Rel.54716n

ISP : BT

Hey all,

Just bought this extender and initially connected it to an Apple Airport Express Extender and it was working great, so I thought 'hey, maybe connecting directly to the router would give be better speeds', oh how I wished I never did this. Once I tried this I lost the speeds I initially had with the extender. It hasn't been over 54mbps since I tried.

So, I decided to start from scratch and put the extender around 30cm from the Apple Airport Express Router which I was getting speeds of around 40-50 mb/s from but the extender was only giving out around 10mb/s, i found this a bit abnormal considering I'd been getting 7mb/s in the room which was upstairs and 2 walls away from.

I look in the control panel for the router and in its status it says;

Signal Received From Main Router/AP: 100%
Wireless Rate To Main Router/AP: 54.0Mbps

The signal is great but why is it only limiting me to 54.0mbps considering the extender is around 30 cms away from the router?!

Could it be when I resetted the extender using the button it wiped some setting somewhere deep down that limits the transfer rate? I'm guessing if you haven't noticed that already, but any words of wisdom or advice would be greatly appreciated with some alcohol if needs be
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 493

Replies: 0