Archer C7 v2 web management problem after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C7 v2 web management problem after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
42 Reply
Re:Archer C7 v2 web management problem after firmware update
2014-11-03 09:08:48
Lights are abnormal? Did you upgrade the firmware by cable connection and no power cut-off? You should contact TP-LINK to see what they suggest.
Options
2014-11-06 21:31:04

ElWraith wrote

I have a more or less bricked Archer C7 after latest firmware upgrade, too. Can't manage it via web, can't connect to it with Easy Setup, can't hard reset even with 30/30/30. Just plain unresponsive. It is passing data with what appears to be the last parameters I set. So it's a brick that's functional in the roundest terms.

Did TP-Link support give any indication how we might actually get to the point we can apply the next firmware update when there's no way into the bloody thing?

This is a problem for me, I'm waiting for response from the service ...
Options
2014-11-07 09:39:54
Share your experience here if you get a reply from TP-LINK people... :)
Options
2014-11-11 01:18:44

Ada wrote

Share your experience here if you get a reply from TP-LINK people... :)
Can not be repaired, replace the unit.
Options
Rma
2014-11-13 10:36:03
After going back and forth with support for a week (and having them tell me to press the reset button in practically every reply email to the point where I actually filmed a video, uploaded it to youtube of me pressing the reset button and linked it in the support ticket) I finally got the definitive answer it couldn't be fixed and would need to be RMA'd.

I got an RMA set up from support and RMA department contacted me to arrange return. Replacement should be here Friday 11/14/14.

Perhaps of interest, here is TP-Link's RMA policy, linked to me by the support agent handling my case: http://www.tp-link.us/support/rma/

I actually did the Advanced option with ground delivery because it was cheaper than paying to ship the router through UPS as a non-corporate entity. And less hassle as they then provide a pre-paid label for return of the defective unit.
Options
2014-11-14 09:34:32
Hope you could enjoy internet with the new unit. :)
Options
2014-11-15 12:56:40
I guess I'll be in the same boat. I posted my own topic about how after I rebooted the router I cannot access the login page. Pressing the reset button for 10, 20, 60, how ever long does nothing. System LED is on only for the few seconds after power up and then remains off no matter what I do. Traffic is still routed by DHCP. At the time this happened I had connected a second drive, thumb drive to the USB and set it up for FTP access.
Options
2014-11-16 02:49:54

capture master wrote

They tell me they are working on this bug. It seems that C7 v2 will fix this bug first and this firmware can be download in few days.

I wonder what they would say more than two weeks later?
Options
2014-11-17 13:38:27
What's your trouble? Did you upgrade the current latest firmware, Archer_C7_V2_V3_140929?
Options
Same issue
2014-11-23 10:46:14
Hello,

I upgraded my router to V3 last week, and everything was working just fine. But this morning I noticed I was not able to access the web interface and usb sharing neither ftp sharing is working at all. I pinged the gateway IP and is responding, but not serving the web site. I already tried all type of resets but nothing works. System led is on just for a few seconds while restarting and then goes off and stays off all the time. Telnet neither SSH to gateway IP responds. Please help.
Options
Related Articles