Archer C2 Wired Network Speed drop off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C2 Wired Network Speed drop off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
41 Reply
Re:Archer C2 Wired Network Speed drop off
2015-02-08 22:13:11

dat0ad wrote

Will be interesting to see the results.

I have a theory that when a new client connects wireless and/or wired the router hicups and lan speeds degrade. When I get time I will test theory.

To post #8, Connection(s) were still handshaking at 1000mbps when lan transfer speed was degraded.

The results: it dind't work, 3 days and is transferring slow (10mb/s) again.

i'm pretty sure is a defect, it may be related to firmware or in the worst case related to the mtk chipset itself... i hope in future firmware releases tp-link fixes this.
Options
2015-02-25 09:21:32

dat0ad wrote

I have a theory that when a new client connects wireless and/or wired the router hicups and lan speeds degrade. When I get time I will test theory.

new clients is not the issue.....

I am now getting degraded D/L speeds as well :-/

Fiber connection usually clears 11MB/s for a good link, if I start a D/L and I'm only seeing ~400KB/s, I will do a test file transfer between two lan PC's. I am only seeing a transfer speed of ~900KB/s.

Reboot the Archer C2 and voila, speeds are what they should be.

This occurs maybe twice a week.

This could be a firmware problem as NeoDaemon has suggested...

May try a rollback to an older firmware
Options
2015-03-03 14:52:06
If you unplugin the ethernet cable and replugin it to your computer, did the speed come back?
Also, this is your network topology?
PC1---C2---PC2, I think this issue is related with the switch chip because the data transfers on the L2(MAC) network, the CPU will not deal the data.
Options
2015-03-23 22:32:12
There is a newer firmware, but it's not hosted on tp-link servers, i don't know the source of it, but i flashed it just fine. (beware, this firmware restores factory defaults) i don't know if a previous backup of the configuration works, I just set it up manually.
I don't know atm if this new firmware fixes the speed degradation, after a few days i will post the results.

I found the firmware in a site called station-drivers.com : Direct link to the firmware: http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/Drivers/Tp-Link/Router/Archer-C2-Rev-1.x/Tp-Link-Archer-C2-Firmware-Version-1.0.9.1.2.0-(150317)-Rev-1.x/

Greetings!
Options
2015-03-24 18:53:00

stangang wrote

If you unplugin the ethernet cable and replugin it to your computer, did the speed come back?
Also, this is your network topology?
PC1---C2---PC2, I think this issue is related with the switch chip because the data transfers on the L2(MAC) network, the CPU will not deal the data.

The speed did not come back for me, only a router reboot
Options
2015-03-24 19:20:23

NeoDaemon wrote

There is a newer firmware, but it's not hosted on tp-link servers, i don't know the source of it, but i flashed it just fine. (beware, this firmware restores factory defaults) i don't know if a previous backup of the configuration works, I just set it up manually.
I don't know atm if this new firmware fixes the speed degradation, after a few days i will post the results.

I found the firmware in a site called station-drivers.com : Direct link to the firmware: http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/downloads/Drivers/Tp-Link/Router/Archer-C2-Rev-1.x/Tp-Link-Archer-C2-Firmware-Version-1.0.9.1.2.0-(150317)-Rev-1.x/

Greetings!

Good to know

Submitted a ticket and currently still working through TPlink's tech support requests for more information... Will update as information comes to hand
Options
2015-03-27 17:40:25
Unfortunately the new firmware dind't fix the speed degradation.
:eek:
Options
Same issue
2015-03-31 04:58:12
Hello,

I have the same router and the same issue...

I request an new exchange from Amazon but I see that I am not the only one have the issue. I have opened a ticket with TP support but don't see any solution.

The only workaround is to reboot the C2 and it is not suitable. I would like to know if the issue occurs on other model (C5,C7 etc.)

Regards,
Options
2015-03-31 10:05:45
Remember to update progress of this issue if possible. :) Appreciate it.
Options
2015-04-25 19:13:57
This is all I know/have:

" Many thanks for your valuable reply.

Really sorry for that. We just got informed that this is not the first feedback we got about this issue. Engineers are trying to find the root cause but it's not easy to reproduce it. I will report this to our engineers and see what they can do. Since they are having their weekends now, it might take 2-3 days. Thank you for your understanding
."

The C2 had been working fine for about three weeks, then twice in three days I had to reboot it. I supplied screenshots of Lan transfer speeds, internet transfer speeds (test file from IIINET's FTP server) and internet connection statistics (again using IINET) before and after router performance degraded.

Sounds like they are finally aware of this issue and are working on fix....hurry up and wait I suppose.

Options
Related Articles