Archer C2 Wired Network Speed drop off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C2 Wired Network Speed drop off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
41 Reply
Re:Archer C2 Wired Network Speed drop off
2015-05-20 10:16:43
A surprising fix:eek:

@NeoDaemon So at last it seems to be a compatibility issue that some particular onboard network card and C2 cannot keep negotiating 1000Mbps handshake when PC resume from idle. That is why only some of the C2 users encounter this problem while others not.

The below figure is @stangang's suggested steps, I copy it here.

Options
2015-05-21 05:18:02
Well I hope this has been the issue all along.... Just double checked this desktop's Intel adapter settings and as Tobacco has pointed out, disable "reduce speed on power down"

TP-LINK support have provided me with a debug firmware and instructions on collecting log when issue occurs.

I will point out that the last couple of days i have not had the speed degrade issue but in saying that I cant remember if this PC has been switched off or gone into sleep/suspend/hibernate?

It does sound like if "any" client on your network cannot maintain a 1G handshake the C2 has a speed wobble???

Fingers crossed this is all leading to a permanent solution.

The C2 is a solid little router and for the price you cant go wrong...just need to sort the random speed disappearing problem :-)
Options
2015-08-12 18:59:28
You are not the only one but my issue is that every 2-4 days the router will drop speed's down below 10 MB/s and a reboot or a factory reset sort's it out what make's me wonder if people with this problem have got a router from the same batch what was produced and in the batch there is a defect or something wrong TP-LINK think it is ok to charge there customer's to get there defected device's what they should of made sure was working 99.9 % as you can not get a device at 100 %

Latest firmware installed
5GHZ has issues
speed drop out's every 3-4 days
Normal speed 107.57 MB/s
Options
Update
2015-08-16 08:26:29
This is a reply from one of TP-Links support peeps:

Many thanks for your feedback.
I have sent the logs to our engineers. The logs show something wrong on CRC but they need more details. Now they give me a new debug firmware to collect deeper information.
I have updated the instruction to tell you how to collect the information.(the log will print too many so we have to use putty, I have also sent you putty.exe)
Please upgrade the latest debug firmware and help us. Now we have the evidence to push the switch chipset Realtek fixing this problem.
Thank you again for your support and help, we really appreciate it!

I have provided them with the new logs but have not heard anything for several weeks....
Options
2015-08-16 15:52:17

dat0ad wrote

I have provided them with the new logs but have not heard anything for several weeks....

Several weeks!?

Unfortunately, bug fixes require several months with TP-Link R&D...
Options
2015-08-16 17:27:28

dat0ad wrote

Several weeks!?

Bug fixing requires several months from TP-Link R&D... if they want (or are able) to do it...
Unfortunately, I've never seen this company very powerful on this point...
Options
2015-08-17 17:32:18

HiSpeed wrote

Several weeks!?

Bug fixing requires several months from TP-Link R&D... if they want (or are able) to do it...
Unfortunately, I've never seen this company very powerful on this point...

I was expecting some feedback. I realise bug fixing can take months.... :)
Options
2015-10-22 13:36:50
I purchased my Archer C2 AC750 end of August on Amazon and I have the exact same issues here. It will cap all wired and wireless connections to 10 Mbps until I reboot the router.

Firmware Version:0.9.1 3.2 v0032.0 Build 150902 Rel.36287n
Hardware Version:Archer C2 v1 00000001

This is the only place I could find info about it online. When can we expect a fix??
Options
2015-12-08 23:05:46
I am also experiencing this issue with my Archer C2. To add to the information I have seen this problem on my powerline adapters TL-PA2010 where I can't adjust the shutdown/reduce speed on powerdown option. Furthermore when one of my PC's was experiencing this issue if I unplugged another ethernet cable from the router switch the affected PC would then get full speed until I re-connected that cable.
Options
2015-12-10 02:28:41
They were able to RMA my device and the new one has no such issues.
Options