How to keep WPA4220 adapters alive - They keep disconnecting!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to keep WPA4220 adapters alive - They keep disconnecting!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
33 Reply
Re:How to keep WPA4220 adapters alive - They keep disconnecting!
2015-02-04 11:49:43

millirem wrote

The link is here:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/?model=TL-PA511&version=V1#tbl_b

It works for all models, apparently.

I tried that. I got a DLL error. How about a firmware update TP-LINK. Right now, the device is pretty much unusable.
Options
2015-02-04 20:14:01

millirem wrote

Have you turned off powersave on all 4 units, including the one at your router? The powersave toggle needs to be done individually on every unit.

I have been dealing with this problem for a long time (first with PA411) so powersave is something I tried already. It seems to help somewhat but doesn't eliminate the problem.
Options
2015-03-06 23:51:01
On my Asus router web GUI, I set client status of my WPA220 to static and it has not dropped connection since.........keeping fingers crossed!
Options
2015-03-08 01:18:18

boxer33 wrote

On my Asus router web GUI, I set client status of my WPA220 to static and it has not dropped connection since.........keeping fingers crossed!

Spoke too soon....it's disconnecting again!!!:mad:
Options
2015-03-18 00:33:49
+1 on my Powerline adapters disconnecting. Frustrating.
Options
2015-03-18 11:10:47
I have the same problem with my 4 units TL-PA4010. They all have power save off and it does not matter the order I plug them (I have one on the router, one on my desktop, one on my PS3, and one spare).

An interesting thing that I noticed is that when I lost connection to the device connected to the router, if I simply unplug and re-plug the spare unit, the connection comes back.
So, the simple removal and reintroduction of a unit in the network is enough to bring the "dead" device back to life.

Anyone else noticed this?
Options
2015-03-18 15:47:56
Options
Same problem
2015-03-27 18:12:19
Hi,

My powerline adapter drops the signal to my smart tv (Connected by ethernet), typically while watching netflix. At this point, my IPad shows full strength signal (connected by wifi) but if I try to connect to a web page, it says not connected to internet.

If I re-boot the powerline extender, the connection comes back immediately for both smart tv and IPAD.

While I have the problem the wireless from my main router works ok.

This is really frustrating.
Options
Yes
2015-03-27 18:26:44

Robzor wrote

I have the same problem with my 4 units TL-PA4010. They all have power save off and it does not matter the order I plug them (I have one on the router, one on my desktop, one on my PS3, and one spare).

An interesting thing that I noticed is that when I lost connection to the device connected to the router, if I simply unplug and re-plug the spare unit, the connection comes back.
So, the simple removal and reintroduction of a unit in the network is enough to bring the "dead" device back to life.

Anyone else noticed this?

That is exactly how I recover from this problem. Re-boot the powerline adapter. Its a total pain, because I have to go upstairs to get to it, and it can happen quite frequently, but when I power cycle it, the signal returns immediately and at full strength !!!
Options
2015-04-07 22:14:44
Same problem. I've given up on using this product. The vendor likes to sell but not support. Adios.
Options