Connection problem on Access Point

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-25 02:27:41
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-WA701ND

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 3.17.0 Build 140324 Rel.36563n

ISP :

Dear users, please help

I have a big problem, I'm using TL-WR740N Router and TL-WA701ND Acces Point at home. My root router TL-WR740N is on the 1st floor and the Access Point is on the second floor. I bought the AP to extend the wifi signal on the 2nd floor because it was weak. The AP is set it to work as Range extender ( Repeater ) and is wirelessly connected with the Root router. I use the setup wizard from TP LINK to connect this devices, but I'm facing with a big problem. When I'm on the 2nd floor and connect from a mobile phone to the network ( i.e. Access Point ) after 1-2 minutes my connection drops, and after that again it's connecting and so on, I don't have a stable connection. It's connect - disconnect all the time.
When I go downstairs my phone is connected to the Root router and the connection is great, no more connect/disconnect. I'm using the same SSID, same Wireless security and AUTO channel choose.

Please, can you tell me what is causing this problem, is that a problem that the Root router is on the 1st floor and the AP is on the 2nd floor and the signal between them is not stable or something else?

Thanks in advise :)

P.S. I'm writing from Macedonia, not from Greece.
Options
6 Reply
Re:Connection problem on Access Point
2015-01-25 16:10:44
Yes, it is because the AP is at a place where the signal is too weak so that the AP itself cannot keep a stable connection.

The location is the key. This kind of repeater products work well for extending signal on the same floor.

Your router is on 1st floor. The ideal solution is to place the AP at the middle between 1st floor and 2nd floor, which I think is not easy in your case. I would either place it on a high place on 1st floor(on a bookshelf maybe), or place it on the 2nd floor where the original signal from the main router is strong enough (> 25db).

http://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?78791-Using-TPLINK-801ND-AP-on-existing-network-with-wifi&highlight=middle
Options
2015-01-25 18:17:40
Thank you very much for the fast reply my friend, I'll try to change the location of the AP, and I'll post what happens.
Options
2015-01-26 00:19:38
Hi @fotodamaris,

At this point I put the AP on the same floor as the root router, but on the other corner of the house and on the higher location. For now, the mobile phones that were losing connection are working good ( no drops on wi fi ), but now I have to test on the second floor if the connection will be stable on the phones and notebook.
You are probably right that 701 sucks.

Thanks again for the post
Options
2015-05-23 19:45:59
this is really great tip since i'm running an online business and i have around 60 members..this tips are very useful to reduce the wastage of time for the Connection problem on Access Point..
Options
2016-02-04 17:45:06
I am so glad to have a chance to read yourwonderful posts. I am looking forward to read more of your works and posts. Keep on sharing.
Options
2016-11-15 12:55:35
i have created a odbc connection of MS Access Database, and on network i want to connect it, i do it so and having continuous reviving error. Kindly help me about this. Waiting your Reply.............................
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2456

Replies: 6

Related Articles