Range Extender WA850RE v2 keeps dropping internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Range Extender WA850RE v2 keeps dropping internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
WA850RE kicks my WDR3500's signal OFF :(
2015-11-05 06:57:09
Same boat sorta, my WA850RE seems to be causing my WDR3500's signal to DROP OUT though!

They sync very easily using WPS, and I'm usually very happy for several minutes (or hours if I'm lucky). ALL BLUE Lights stay illuminated around the ring, and I can get close to 95mbps plugged into it via ethernet.

However, eventually the connection will FAIL, but it's not the WA850RE disconnecting from the WDR3500. The 2.4ghz band on the WDR3500 will STOP TRANSMITTING! When I use a WIFI analyzer app on a mobile device, I can clearly see that the WDR3500's signal is now GONE. And while it may be easy to blame the WDR3500, it has worked flawlessly for several months now, and still works perfectly when the 850RE is UNPLUGGED.

Anyone else have this issue, or know what to do? It seems like the WA850RE is screwing up my WDR3500's 2.4ghz band, making it inoperable. If I power cycle everything, it seems to be ok again but just for several minutes/hours. At times, it's been up/back down again 5x in a 10 minute period....about as quick as I can power cycle it. Very frustrating....and I'm ready to return it.

All my firmware is up-to-date....and my 850RE is V1.2

Thanks...and btw, I tried to start my own thread on this, but it's been 48 hours now that I've been awaiting "moderator approval". Maybe cause I'm new here? :(
Options
Ditto
2020-08-18 17:09:33

@EyeOfTwilight initially for 2 months it was working well 

but afterwards Internet works for 1-2 hrs and lost 

only two blinking light

Options