Cannot install Archer T2UH driver

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-26 22:35:23
Region : Belgium

Model : TL-WDN4800

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have some trouble for installing the driver of my AC600 Archos T2UH device. I follow the links of FAQs :

- http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-226.html (automatic installation)
- http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-228.html (manual installation)

But nothing works. I am under windows 7 64bits and after a long time of trying to install driver, windows tells me that the driver can't be installed because the waiting period was expired.

Someone can help me ? Thanks in advance,

Jisay
Options
9 Reply
Re:Cannot install Archer T2UH driver
2015-07-27 15:55:07
Download the driver first.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/download/Archer-T2UH_V1.html#Driver

Follow FAQ228 to install the correct driver. If you still cannot install it, provide screenshot of the error.
Options
2015-07-29 00:45:55
So I follow FAQ228 to install my driver. I have the same problem (see installation_fail.png in attached files). It's in french but it says :

"Windows encountered a problem installing the driver for your device

Windows has found a driver for your device but encountered an error when trying to install.

This operation completed because the timeout period expired.

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit website and check support section ...."

Now in Device Manager, TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapter is in the list. But when I click on Network icon in systray, there is no wireless connection displayed (see systray.png in attached files). So I go to "Network connection" Panel. The adapter is present but desactivated. I try to activate it, activation is done but device is still desactivated. I can retry and retry, it's the same problem (see network_device.png in attached files).

Thanks for help,

Jisay
File:
systray.pngDownload
network_device.pngDownload
installation_fail.pngDownload
Options
2015-07-29 02:20:57
Try on another computer on a win XP 32bits. It works so it's a hardware problem. During driver installation (on win XP) I got some alert from my ESET firewall and antivirus. So I try to desactivate my firewall (Zone Alarm) and my anti virus (Avast) but no changes.

Thanks for help
Options
2015-07-29 03:30:33
Hi,

T2UH uses a MediaTek MT7610U chip, try to find the latest driver on the web...
Options
2015-07-30 15:25:47
Does not change. More than that I have all the time a blue screen when trying to go to "Network connection" Panel with the driver in technical information :

netr28ux.sys - Address FFFFF... base at FFFFFFF.

So I uninstall it by restarting in safe mode...
Options
2015-07-30 17:34:48
What driver version did you get?
Options
2015-07-31 00:14:00
Options
2015-08-01 02:33:01
In fact, when I plug the adapter via USB, each usb device connected like an usb stick are disabled. I can't see it in disk list and when I unplug the usb adapter, everything is OK... I think I will buy a PCI card if it continues like this...
Options
2015-08-01 20:44:38
To be precise, here is the exact same problem I get (with another adapter) : http://technopaideia.blogspot.be/2013/11/frustrating-but-ultimately-successful.html

Except that I can't create a "Network Bridge" with the two cards...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1059

Replies: 9

Related Articles