[Windows 8.1/10] TP-LINK TL-WN8200ND - Constant USB Disconnects

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-01 22:01:33
Region :

Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey all, I'm not sure why but I have been getting this problem consistently with my USB adapter just suddenly disconnecting during use. It happens around the same time I am experiencing a near-loss in connectivity.

I am currently on Windows 10 but I have been having the same problem since Windows 8.1.

Region : Australia

Model : TL-WN8200ND

Hardware Version : V1.0

Firmware Version :

ISP : TPG
Options
12 Reply
Re:[Windows 8.1/10] TP-LINK TL-WN8200ND - Constant USB Disconnects
2015-08-03 11:52:57
It disconnects during normal use? How does it work again?
Check status of wireless network connection.
Did you try different USB ports or different computers to install it?
Options
2015-08-03 14:19:35

Vivian wrote

It disconnects during normal use? How does it work again?
Check status of wireless network connection.
Did you try different USB ports or different computers to install it?

Basically I will be using my computer normally when I start hearing the "USB disconnect" sound. It will keep looping "USB connected // USB disconnected" until I unplug and replug it.

I am currently not able to test this independently on a separate system but I have tested it separately on a USB Hub with a few other devices connected and that is the only device that fails in this way.
Options
2015-08-05 16:17:35
Is it possible for you to install the adapter on a different computer and test if the problem continues?
If it is the same, maybe the adapter is defective...
Options
Wlan Terror!
2015-08-08 03:40:46
Region : Germany

Model : TL-WN8200ND

Hardware Version : V1.0

Firmware Version : -

Chipset: RTL8192CU

ISP : Super Cable 100Mbit/s -> ACS.Point TP-Link 1043ND -> TL-WN8200ND
[COLOR=#000000]My OS:Windows 10 PRO, before Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

Same here!! Im so angry and stressed!! Its 100% a driver reason!!
I have WLAN Terror for days, my nervs goes to the end!

Normal surfing in the internet all is okay, but then i download some the WLAN crash, the USB device TL-8200ND go´s for some sec´s Offlien and come back, or light goes out and it needed to push the USB cable in/out.
Times to the crash are various, sometimes after 1 Sec, sometimes i can Download some mins!?

I have write a bugreport to TPL Germany, they send me to Realtek, i have write to RTL too.

Energy Settings at the USB Hub, TL 8200 and so on: yes! No effect!
Old Drivers from TP Link Win7 and 8x to Win 10: yes! No effect!
Original REALTEK Driver 1027.4.1120.2014 (From Date 17.02.2015): yes! No effect!
Driver Options (all Drivers) No Suspent option: yes! No effect!
Change from USB 2.0 to 3.0: yes! No effect!
Serval other Options no effect too!

We needed Windows 10 Driver for this Adapter hurry!!

Options
Wifi 10 secs every time
2015-08-23 07:37:52
i have the same problem right here, for me is 10 seconds after that it keeps connection and disconnecting fix this, for me i don't any way to connect the internet connection to the router, i didn't had this problem when i had windows 7, clearly tl link don't care much about us they could speak with us to fix the problem but is seems that's not going to happen.

Very probably i will go back to windows 7 because this problem is just pure is so damn frustating and is pissing of a lot of people
Options
2015-08-24 00:55:53
@FTR

OFC! i have buy the TP-Link WLAN 8200ND new from TPL Germany only 10 months ago! After this short time no support, or what?!

Then TPL not do anything against this crap, i will never buy again TPL Hardware!! And i say all my frinds do not to buy any TP Link stuff! :(

greets

Info: This internal beta driver from Realtek NOT works for the TP-Link 8200ND!! i test it the TPL goes Offline not works. -> Realtek.RTL81xx.WLAN.DRiVER.v1030.1.0715.2015.W10.BETA.x86.x64.WHQL is useless for us :(
Options
2015-08-24 19:08:17
I think I have isolated the issue. The USB will disconnect with 100% chance when I attempt to click on the network icon. It is just incompatible when there are multiple wi-fi adapters on the laptop, only allowing one to operate.
Options
2015-08-24 22:34:44

wolfspirit wrote

I think I have isolated the issue. The USB will disconnect with 100% chance when I attempt to click on the network icon. It is just incompatible when there are multiple wi-fi adapters on the laptop, only allowing one to operate.

I'm on Desktop here. No other Wifi Adapters available other than the TP-WN8200ND being plugged in and the Problem Still Happens. I have even managed to use Realtek Driver for this Adapter's Chipset with no Vain.
[h=1][/h]
Options
2016-09-09 08:27:09
******** EDITED: NEVERMIND, this DID NOT work in the long run, when I turn my computer off for hours or I put my pc in suspended mode, it disconnects anyways ************+

Just came across a posible solution, in my case it worked. I was also having constant disconnects/reconnects on windows 7, I had to unplug usb and connect again to make it work after suspending my OS or shutting it down.
I noticed I couldn´t rename my wireless connection (which after I replaced my old tp link wifi adapter, it was named "Wireless Connection 2", couldn´t rename it to "Wireless Connection" so I knew something was up, with a little help from Google I was able to come across this solution to delete the old network wireless connection (apparently it was causing confusion between connections):

1) Go to Start, enter "regedit" right click the application and run it with Administrator Priviliges (right click it to see the context menu option).
2) Go to Edit, Search, and here you would enter "Wireless Connection" or whatever your old connection was named.
3) You should find a first entry

you can check the PnpInstanceID to see that it actually DOESN´T MATCH your current hardware id for the TP Link 8200nd which is what you´re now using. If it DOESNT, then you can safely erase the entry (you can check the "Name"property of the entry as well). You can also delete the folder that contains the "Connection" folder that you see on the left of my example image.

4) Keep searching for more entries repeating the previous method until you get rid of every entry of your OLD wireless adapter.

5) Now you can go to Control Panel, Networks, Network connections and just rename your new "Wireless Connection 2" to "Wireless Connection" to make sure you got rid of it.

6) Restart your pc and see if this works (Hopefully it will).

The issue looks to be related to hardware CONFLICT and not driver issues or anything like that, so if this doesn´t work, keep looking because this problem CAN be sorted out for sure.

Cheers !
Options
2016-10-08 22:32:30
Guys please try my fix here. It has definitely worked for me on Win 10.

WN8200ND-Windows 10 POTENTIAL FIX
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6235

Replies: 12