Limited Connection on Wireless Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-17 06:13:25
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys,

I have connected my internet via ethernet cable on my laptop to the TPLink Wireless Extender but I am only recieving a limited connection. I've tried everything I can possibly think of with no luck and was wondering if anyone could help me because I'm stressing like crazy.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Limited Connection on Wireless Extender
2015-08-17 17:29:13
What's the model number? Did you upgrade the latest firmware? What's the firmware version?
How about status of all lights on the range extender after you finish configuration?
To solve it more quickly, you may call TP-LINK support team or live chat directly.
http://uk.tp-link.com/support-contact.html#Hotline-Support
Options
2015-08-17 22:33:47
Hello Diamond,

the model is; TL-WA850RE V1.25.

All of the colours on the status page are all green and ticked and all of the lights on the extender itself are fixed except the wireless and ethernet lights which are supposed to flash?

I have upgrade the firmware to3.14.8 Build 140826 Rel.63335n
Options
2015-08-18 00:11:01
Hi Diamond.

The model is the TL-W850RE V 1.25

I have updated my firmware to;3.14.8 Build 140826 Rel.63335n

The status is all green and ticked but for some reason still Limited :/
Options
2015-08-18 11:44:59
From your description, it seems that the range extender has been set up successfully.
Check the settings on your main router. Wireless MAC filtering is enabled? Disable it for a try.
What's brand and model of the main router?

If MAC filter is disabled on the main router, follow the guide below to do troubleshooting.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-691.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1470

Replies: 4

Related Articles