Archer D7 - USB printer controller not working with OS X El Captain

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
67 Reply
2015-10-29 15:35:40
No news but Ithink that Apple von't do nothing as it's not his aown app. We have to insist to TP-Link because at this day a lot of companies have update their apps or utilities to OSXCapitan and Tp-Link seems to do nothing.
Options
TP-Link Support please hear your customers
2015-10-30 21:22:48
I like TP-Link products but if any from TP-link read this forum please do something! :) I moved from Creative to ASUS sound cards because of bad drivers, I don't want to move from TP-link to other company! :confused:
Options
Re:Archer D7 - USB printer controller not working with OS X El Captain
2015-11-07 21:17:15
Hi everybody...

Any news from TP Link about releasing new driver for printer controller for El Capitan?

Thanks, M
Options
2015-11-09 17:25:08
no news they said they are working about. May be next year they will be an update
Options
2015-11-09 20:53:39
I have an Archer C8 and have the same problem since I installed 10.11.
After some reading I found out that El Captain has a new "System Integrity Protection" in comparison with previous releases. The "System Integrity Protection" blocks code injection and apparently other stuff for increased system security. Apparently TP-Link printer driver installation needs to pass this protection in order to be properly installed. And this is the problem, all it is reduced to TP-Link competency to deal with this issue. Basically TP-Link tells you to remove the installation and do not use your printer until they will fix it... if they will be able to fix it.
This is simply unbelievable! At the time of purchase I did not know that you need to run a separate application in the background (TP-Link printer controller) in order to be able to print. This is just lack of knowledge on behalf of TP-Link that require a separate controller to run in the background in order to communicate with your router connected printer! Now even that controller does not work due to "compatibility issue".
Nevertheless, TP-Link has a wonderful hardware but clearly lacks in proper firmware. I will never buy this brand again, simply because they are not there yet and most likely will take a long time to be (if ever). Simply look at this current issue, we are in November, months and months after new OS released and still not being able to fix it.

Options
2015-11-22 21:24:34
this is unbelievable...
Options
Architectural problem
2015-11-23 16:46:05
So, as far as I understand TP-Link used some "hack" or "backdoor" when they have been written their controller? So they even can not contact Apple to fix this? ;)
Options
2015-11-25 01:06:59
Regardless what the problem is, I see no official reaction from TP-Link people. I wonder if they know about this forum (otherwise we cry here for nothing) or if they have the capability to read english. I do not wish to sound offensive but it seems to me to be inconceivable for a world-wide product to have such a lack of support and zero response.
Options
2015-11-25 15:20:29
I just send a ticket to TP-Link:
We are waiting since 2 months that you upgrade the driver of the usb printer to work with osx El Capitan but it seems that you don't mind and the only solution we have is to change router to another factory.If you will have it pleasesay us when it will be usefull.Regards
Richardsb24
Options
2015-11-26 00:34:40

richardsb24 wrote

I just send a ticket to TP-Link:
We are waiting since 2 months that you upgrade the driver of the usb printer to work with osx El Capitan but it seems that you don't mind and the only solution we have is to change router to another factory.If you will have it pleasesay us when it will be usefull.Regards
Richardsb24

Answer from TP-Link:Buenos días.

La última respuesta a su problema recibida en Octubre, le indicaba que por el momento no existía ninguna solución. Lamentamos comunicarle que no hemos recibido avances sobre la resolución de su incidencia. Disculpe las molestias.

Gracias por confiar en nosotros.
Translation
" Hello,
The last answer to your problem you've got in October was that actually there was no solution.We apologize to say that we don't receive any news about this incidence.Sorry for the

inconvenience

Thank you for trusting us."

Sorry if my english is poor.
Regards
Richard
Options