9980V1 Not Working with LuxDSL

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-19 04:40:23
Model : 9980_V1

Hardware Version : TD-W9980 v1 00000000

Firmware Version : 0.6.0 1.12 v0021.0 Build 150507 Rel.40130n

ISP : LuxDSL

Hi,
I just bought the 9980V1 to replace a fritzbox, but i am not able to have the DSL connected.
In case i use the wizard and picking the LuxDSL, this option select the PPoA and does not connect to the DSL (that is correct, because LuxDSL uses PPoE).
Also with manual setup for LuxDSL: selecting ADSL, PPoE VPI=8, VCI=35, login and password, then modem does not connect too.

Various tests by changing Network->DSL Settings (those settings should be located within the connection setup and not on other pages, difficult to find):
- ADSL2+ Annex A (as should be for LuxDSL) without success. Also, modem does not start the training mode
- All combinations VDSL, ADSL, etc. and all annex -> modem in training mode but does not get connected.

Now back to Fritzbox...

Do you have any suggestion to make it working?
thanks
Options
9 Reply
Re:9980V1 Not Working with LuxDSL
2015-09-22 11:31:18
Plugged in DSL connection, how about status of ADSL light on TD-W9980?
Since you failed to set it up, did you check Diagnostic result? Provide the screenshot pls.
Options
2015-09-23 03:59:57
TD-W9980 DSL light is always off.
Diagnostic is:

[TD]
[/TD]
[TD]Test Internet surfing
[/TD]
Test xDSL Synchronization Fail
[/TD]
[TD]Diagnostics completes

FYI, LuxDSL settings are (could you pls save in the firmware):
PPoE, VPI=8, VCI=35, connection mode = always on
ADSL2+, Annex A, BitSwap = off, Seamless Rate Adaption (SRA) = off

Thanks
Options
2015-09-25 14:14:16
If DSL light is always off, we cannot configure it successfully as it is not synchronized with your line.
Did you contact your ISP to check the line and test the line by a different modem?
Try to change DSL modulation type to ADSL2 or D.dmt on Network---DSL Settings page.
Options
2015-09-26 15:44:45
I am using a fritzbox modem adsl2+ and it works well, quick connection.
I tried all the possible configurations but diagnostic fails as well as the dsl-led does not blink.

The only way to have the dsl-led blinking is to setup the DSL as "Auto Sync-up" Annex A/B/L/M -> in this way the DSL-led blinks and the modem tries to connect, but diagnosis does not work because the WAN setting is VDSL and ADSL is disable (while should be the opposite, because setup initially as ADSL, this should be a bug).
Please, see attached snapshots

I think there is some software bugs:
1. when using a selected DSL Modulation type the modem does not start the DSL training with the ISP
2. selecting "auto sync-up", the modem switch to VDSL connection and cannot connect with ADSLx

Can you check above please?
Thanks
File:
Capture0.JPGDownload
Capture1.JPGDownload
Capture2.JPGDownload
Capture3.JPGDownload
Capture4.JPGDownload
Options
2015-09-29 10:37:56
ADSL light should be solid.
There are two possibilities, faulty router or compatibility issue.
You may replace it under warranty first.
Options
2015-10-30 00:32:07
Hi, i tried to return the item, but Amazon will not accept the return after 1 month!
So i am stuck with the modem...
What can i do to check it the modem is faulty?
thanks
Options
2015-11-01 17:17:25
I reconnected today the modem and started up and working well... same settings as above.
Then i shut it down to adjust the cables, issue back again, not solid DSL led-light.
Could you please check above indications and troubleshooting i provided to you? To me seems firmware compability.
I cannot return the modem unfortunately due to amazon policy and i am stuck with this device.

Below you will see the configuration when connected the first time.
I have also attached the configuration from the fritzbox log and indeed they have the same DNS.

Thanks
File:
Capture.JPGDownload
Capture.JPGDownload
Options
2015-11-02 14:28:08
Hi Mavis,
I tried again and reconnected the modem to the ADSL, but situation is unstable and need to be fixed, it is a firmware issue.
Because i cannot return the modem anymore, I connected the serial interface to diagnostic. Attached you will find the log (might be good if the log is available directly from the web-interface saved in ram).
I look forward for your help to fix the compability issue.
Thanks
File:
log.txtDownload
Options
2015-11-02 20:25:10
Mavis,
An additional question or bug: i cannot get connected to another device connected on the same LAN, ie. from the laptop browser connected in wireless and typing the address 192.168.0.2 of another device I don't get connected to the target device.
Is it matter of settings or a bug?

FYI, i changed the LAN address to 192.168.0.1 / 99 to maintain same mapping as previous router.

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 468

Replies: 9