archer C7 v2 just stops working after a few days. have to restart to fix

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

archer C7 v2 just stops working after a few days. have to restart to fix

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
50 Reply
Re:archer C7 v2 just stops working after a few days. have to restart to fix
2015-09-28 16:40:34
@Sgman As you can login the web interface, check the system log and send it to TP-LINK support team.
http://ticket.tp-link.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

@mixersoft If it happens quite frequently like several times a day,you may replace it under warranty.
Options
same happening to me
2015-11-06 07:01:42
I'm having the same issues.. works fine until some day it freezes, can't enter thru web or 2.4 or 5 neither utp.

Please!!! help!!
Options
2015-11-16 21:04:10
Having the same problem. It's extremely annoying... anyone find a solution yet? This seems to be a common issue.
Options
Solution that worked for me
2015-11-17 20:23:01
This is what the people from TP Link sent me and fixed the problem:

Please try to disable hardware NAT:
1.Log into the TP-LINK web interface(tplinkwifi.net): http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-87.html
2.NAT-->Hardware NAT Status-->disable-->save

Hope it works for all of you!
Options
2015-11-19 07:46:24

Alphamatroxom wrote

Having this exact same issue. It's either a default setting that's off that I can't find or the actual firmware. I originally had this problem with a C5 but they warranty replaced it with a C7. Still restarting every couple of days when it freezes and can't get into the admin tools even through a hard wired connection. Terribly frustrating

I'm having a similar problem, I think this started happening around the September time frame as well - no changes to the firmware. I even factory reset the unit and I'm having the same problem.

In my case, I have the C7 configured as an Access Point (AP). 2.4ghz stops working and seems to block EXTERNAL DNS requests and/or connections. What is strange is that intranet requests continues to work AND 5ghz does not show the same symptoms!!!

Web Admin, etc. all function correctly via WiFi (2.4/5) and Ethernet.

If I reboot the unit, everything is mysteriously fixed?!

This is the most odd issue I have ever come across ... especially since the unit has been running fine for the past year.

Was there a new protocol (broadcast or otherwise) added to Windows 10 or OSX that is causing the C7 to act strange?
Options
2015-11-19 07:46:56
i have this same issue as well on an archer c5 v2, only it happens on iphones and nintendo wiis using the 2.4ghz wifi. I have to restart the wifi router several times a day. If it's not restarted the 2.4ghz band will eventually stop working entirely.

my exact issue!
Options
2015-11-19 09:53:13
Is anyone using IPv6 that's having the issue of the 2.4GHz connectivity issue? When you loose 2.4GHz connectivity but still have 5GHz is IPv6 still functioning properly? Ex. Asking Google "what is my ip" and it showing an IPv6 address?
Options
2015-11-21 00:57:14

JDerby wrote

Is anyone using IPv6 that's having the issue of the 2.4GHz connectivity issue? When you loose 2.4GHz connectivity but still have 5GHz is IPv6 still functioning properly? Ex. Asking Google "what is my ip" and it showing an IPv6 address?

I disabled IPv6 entirely and it's still giving me an issue. I'm pretty sure my ISP is IPv4 still.
Options
2015-12-07 09:03:36
I just started experiencing similar random disconnects on my Archer C7, have you guys found a solution?Do you know if it might be possible because of iOS 9?
Options
2015-12-08 13:28:51
I've had this problem with my Archer C7, hardware v2 as well. My wireless and wired network connection goes dead.

The Power light and system light stay on solid, the 2.4GHz indicator blinks, the 5GHz indicator turns off, and the 2 LAN and Internet connections keep blinking.

I can't connect to the Router management webpage via LAN or WIFI. I even set my desktop's IP to a static address on the same subnet of the router, thinking it is a problem with DHCP or DNS, but that didn't work either.

The only solution is to power cycle the Router.

I've also tried disabling "Current Hardware NAT Status" but that didn't work either.

Firmware version is 3.14.3 Build 150427 Rel.36706n
There is no way to save the Router log because power cycling the router clears the log, and power cycling the router is the only way to get it respond again.

I've hooked my PC directly up to my Cable Modem when the router went down, that worked fine.

I've tried disabling the 5GHz antenna since that indicator turns off when the system crashes, but that didn't help either.

It's definitely a problem with the router. Time to contact TP-Link support, or return it and get a better brand.
Options