archer C7 v2 just stops working after a few days. have to restart to fix

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

archer C7 v2 just stops working after a few days. have to restart to fix

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
50 Reply
Re:archer C7 v2 just stops working after a few days. have to restart to fix
2016-02-21 18:11:43
My problem had gone away for awhile, but it seems to have picked up recently. The current symptoms are as follows:
Airplay speakers refuses to connect
[*]one device, Realtek RTL8191SU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter, connected to a Win10 desktop is unable to get a DHCP address.
NOTE: I am able to connect to a 2nd WiFi router which is connected to the C7 by Gigabit LAN and access the internet, so the network adapter is fine. But if I connect directly to the C7 I get a radio connection by not an IP address from the DHCP server.
All other devices seem to work fine. This issue seems to pop up once every few days and a power off reset seems to fix things for awhile.

Has anyone else seen this problem?
Options
Problem was my ISP not the router
2016-02-23 00:48:16
It took a while to get to the bottom of this problem, but I'm convinced that the router crashing was a result of problems with my ISP. After my replacement router had the same problems as the returned one I was suspicious. I bought a cheap $30 router to see if the problem persisted and the cheap router crashed much like the TP-Link router did. I contacted my ISP about the problem and they found some sort of interference was wrecking my upload signal. The ISP changed the antenna and that made this whole problem go away. The problem was probably not with TP-Link all along, but it was confusing because the router would crash and rebooting seemed to correct the problem at times.
Options
Same issue with 2.4
2016-02-24 10:40:14
I've had this since last summer. Was solid as a rock for about six months then all of a sudden would drop 2.4 for no reason. Multiple resets per day would cure the problem.

Now not even resets fix the problem. I can't connect iphones or ipads to 2.4. 5ghz works fine.

I upgraded the firmware to the latest version on the support page which seemed to help the issue for about a week. Since that point its gotten worse to the point where I am now.

Aside from returning it has anyone received a solution from TPL?
Options
2016-02-24 15:49:36
You know- I had the C7 and ran into problems. I read the forums extensively. Found where problem would get a temp solution and reappear later.
I was able to make contact with TP-Link RMA section and decided to upgrade tot e C8. I've been very happy since then. The C8 'problems' thread is so small comparatively.
My upgrading cost me 30$, and that I feel was well worth it.
Options
The nightmare returns!!
2016-03-17 09:10:46
Hi there!

Please apologize me I'm not enligsh native.

I was having the problems I described before with archer c7 .. I had been in touch with tplink people and theychanged me to another one.. when I went to the store I asked to take the c9.. but they didn't had so I took the C8..

So I was enjoying my C8 everything was good since the SAME exact same problem that I had with the c7.. first dropping ethernet.. then wifi.. had to reset 2 to 4 times a day.
I'm very dissaponted with these routers..

I'll recontact Tplink people's , will upgrade for news.

:mad:
Options
2016-05-03 22:08:49
mine just started doing this a few days ago. Now two out of three days, it's lost connection and I have to restart it. I don't want to disable Hardware NAT because I use it for port forwarding. Can anyone confirm whether this is truly an ISP issue or a malfunctioning router? I see a couple posts that say a replacement didn't fix it.
Options
These with
2016-05-08 19:28:14
These with royalty Trendy Clothing and celebrities of the story, not only brought to the Cartier business development, but also so that the brand Cartier greatly enhanced the value of premium capacity of growing.Of course, in addition to the story behind these brands, the Cartier behind each product also has its own story.
Options
2017-09-08 10:07:18

oreoman wrote

This is what the people from TP Link sent me and fixed the problem:

Please try to disable hardware NAT:
1.Log into the TP-LINK web interface(tplinkwifi.net): http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-87.html
2.NAT-->Hardware NAT Status-->disable-->save

Hope it works for all of you!

This solved my problem as well. It's been over 10 days since I changed the setting, and I haven't had to reboot once! Previously I was having to reset the router 1-3 times a day.

Thank you, oreoman, for posting this and saving me from replacing my TP-LINK. I only wish I'd found this sooner.
Options
2017-11-05 18:52:40
Hi, folks! I followed the guide here at my own risk but it finally solved the problem with dropping Internet without disabling HW NAT (cause I really need the feature working!). My router was purchased outside of the US but the firmware works perfectly.
P.S. I wonder why TP-Link wouldn't release the firmware with the fix for other regions?
Options
2017-11-06 18:35:50
Perhaps your router was with UN version.
There is no limitation for UN version to upgrade to US version.
Options