TL-WN8200ND and Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-09-25 17:22:09
UPDATE: It appears that this adapter isn't actually supporting Windows 10, regardless of what TP-Link are saying. I would not recommend you buy it!

Hi all,

I bought the TL-WN8200ND adapter for my PC but it doesn't appear to work with my Windows 10 (despite being listed as having plug-and-play support here).

SYMPTOMS:
Wireless adapter can see wireless networks, but fails to connect to any. Error messages vary, and occasionally I am able to connect but with limited connectivity.
Device appears OK in Device Manager
In event manager there is an error about device migration - I cannot remember the exact words?

THINGS TESTED:
Checked Wireless network is OK using different devices (running Windows 7/Android/Linux)
Checked standard problem settings for adapter (e.g. disabling power saving)
Checked for updated driver using Device Manager
Attempted to load legacy Win8 driver (from support page) - Windows didn't like this idea, and just tells me that it's using the latest drivers
Tried different USB ports, different USB cables, shouting incantations when plugging the adapter in...
Reproduced these results on a different PC running Windows 10

Any thoughts on how to proceed, or should I just return this adapter (which doesn't appear fit for purpose)?
Options
4 Reply
Re:TL-WN8200ND and Windows 10
2015-10-02 15:04:26
So... no one knows what to try here? It's really terrible that the adapter is stated to have Plug and Play support in Windows 10 but doesn't appear to work at all.
Options
2015-10-05 17:29:44
Hmm, after lots of time talking to TP-Link tech support they've just told me to RMA the device.

It looks like they are incorrect about the TL-WN8200ND working with Windows 10, so I cannot recommend this adapter to anyone.
Options
2021-11-05 10:37:58

Details of your issue can be solved only when I see your system configuration..

Still, I can provide you with perfect installation guide:

1. Connect to a Computer

2. Install Driver and Utility

- Insert the CD and run the Autorun.exe from the pop-up Autoplay window.

- Select TL-WN8200ND and click Install Driver&Utility, then follow the InstallShield Wizard to complete the installation.

3. Join a Wireless Network

-Via TP-LINK Utility:  Select your preferred wireless network from the pop-up utility window and click Connect. The symbol indicates a successful connection.

- Via Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) : Press the WPS button on your router >  Within 2 minutes, press and hold the WPS button on the adapter until the screen appears > When you are prompted “Successfully connected to the network by WPS!”, click OK.

Greetings, 

Jimmy

Options
2022-04-07 14:40:18
hola buenos dias, y para comentarte que si pude instalar mi tl-wn8200nd en una version de windos 10 sin problemas alguno el windows que instale es el windows minios10 pro y funciona correctamente
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2980

Replies: 4

Related Articles