Archer T9E with Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-11-30 11:53:48
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey guys, I'm new to these forums.
I was wondering how to use the Archer T9E with Windows 10. Tried installing it with the new drivers, but it says it won't find it.
My build is:
CPU: Intel Core i7 5960x, GPU: 2x GTX 980 Ti, Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X99, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, Storage: NVMe Intel 750 series (1.2TB)
What should I do?
The Archer T9E shows the green light in the rear part of it (the part sticking out of the case), but still, the driver says it won't find it and to be sure it's connected.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Options
32 Reply
Re:Archer T9E with Windows 10
2015-12-01 18:51:51
We're all in a similar situation (I have a T8E card)

The Windows 10 drivers they uploaded at the end of October do not work or do not install correctly
Options
2015-12-02 09:56:29
Right so it is a known issue with these drivers, just bought a T8E card with a brand new Archer D7 and had difficulties finding the 5ghz band on Win 10

Had to manually change the channel to 40 and even then connection quality isn't great and the adapter settings still says driver is from Feb 2014. Speed is pretty much the same at 802.11n 2.4ghz speeds too :(
Options
2015-12-15 02:09:57
I installed a T9E in Windows 10 and it is working, but not at AC speeds. Do I need to do anything to enable this (yes I have an AC router)?
Options
2015-12-22 16:41:11
Various driver problems have been widespread among many wireless AC cards, especially when trying to use them on Windows 10 x64 systems. For whatever reason, the Broadcom based wireless LAN cards have been a real trainwreck following the release of Windows 10. I for one am buying an Intel based card next time I need one. Until then, t he Broadcom reference driver works a lot better than the manufacturers for several makes of wireless card, including Asus and Tplink. The Archer T9E is a BCM-4360 based card.

Broadcomm BCM-43XX Wireless LAN driver 7.35.333.0 WHQL -- http://station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=1955&lang=en

This driver works perfectly for me, got rid of numerous issues with the manufacturers driver. If it isn't quite right for you, you can also try searching for the older Broadcom wlan driver 7.35.295.2, which also worked perfectly for me.

Doing a google search for either of these will lead you to discussions of the relative merits of the various Broadcom reference driver versions available.
Options
2015-12-23 04:37:26

somedude wrote

http://station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=1955&lang=en

Broadcomm BCM-43XX (T9E is a BCM-4360) Wireless LAN driver 7.35.333.0 WHQL

This works perfectly for me, got rid of numerous issues with the piece of shit manufacturers driver.

Has anyone else confirmed that this works? Can't seem to download anything from that link, is there a way to download from Broadcom themselves or anything?
Options
2015-12-23 04:43:42

ferret wrote

Has anyone else confirmed that this works? Can't seem to download anything from that link, is there a way to download from Broadcom themselves or anything?

You can download from Broadcom themselves if you want a linux driver. The download links at station drivers look like an old disk drive with a green arrow pointing down at them, and say "download" right next to them... If for some reason you can't dl there, just google "broadcom wlan driver 7.35.333.0" or the other version number I gave above, they will certainly also be available at softpedia among others.

A wider google search for "Broadcom wlan driver windows 10" will get you a whole bunch of information on how bad the driver support has been for this generation of Broadcom wlan cards, and another 3 or 4 reference driver iterations you can try if .333 or .295 don't work perfectly for you.
Options
2015-12-23 17:44:12
Ok found them on Softpedia and installed now. Driver is detecting as much newer than the latest TP Link one which is good and it now detects connection speed up to 1.3 gbps which it should be. On the previous driver it was only detecting speed at 877.5 mbps so bit happier that it is theoretically recognising the correct speed. Signal strength on 5ghz band is still only 3/5 bars so no improvement there so it may not be driver related although it isn't too far from modem

Actual download speed is not much different, but I suspect that is a case of my internet not being particularly fast anyway

Thanks a lot for that somedude, where would be the best place to watch for new drivers being released by Broadcom seeing as their website only seems to show Linux drivers
Options
2015-12-24 07:33:23

ferret wrote

Ok found them on Softpedia and installed now. Driver is detecting as much newer than the latest TP Link one which is good and it now detects connection speed up to 1.3 gbps which it should be. On the previous driver it was only detecting speed at 877.5 mbps so bit happier that it is theoretically recognising the correct speed. Signal strength on 5ghz band is still only 3/5 bars so no improvement there so it may not be driver related although it isn't too far from modem

Actual download speed is not much different, but I suspect that is a case of my internet not being particularly fast anyway

Thanks a lot for that somedude, where would be the best place to watch for new drivers being released by Broadcom seeing as their website only seems to show Linux drivers

You betcha! The range on 5ghz wlans is relatively small, kind of annoying to now need 2 routers for effective full house coverage here. I'd say softpedia or station drivers if you need to update again, but if your wlan is now working well I suggest to leave drivers alone. If tp-link puts out an updated driver for the t9e i'll try it out, aside from that possibility if it ain't broke don't fix it :p
Options
2016-03-02 01:08:02
The Windows 10 drivers and Utility I uploaded at the beginning of March 2016 do not work or do not install correctly:mad:
Options
2016-03-03 19:28:31

poinpoin wrote

The Windows 10 drivers and Utility I uploaded at the beginning of March 2016 do not work or do not install correctly:mad:

tp-link has not updated their shit drivers for the t9e, even after the disastrous compatibility problems with win10. I won't be buying any more of the products these clowns make for my home or business.

What you can do is this - google search for:

broadcom_wlan_7.35.295.2

broadcom_wlan_7.35.333.0

broadcom_wlan_7.35.338.0

broadcom_wlan_7.35.344.0

All of these are verified working with archer t9e, my best rate of stable success has been with the 7.35.295.2 for whatever reason.
Options