Archer T9E with Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T9E with Windows 10

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
32 Reply
Re:Archer T9E with Windows 10
2017-05-22 16:08:55
this is going crazy on Windows 10 Pro x64.
ordered two devices (TP-Link Archer T9E, Chipset BCM4360) and (ASUS PCE-AC56, Chipset BCM4352). first i tried the drivers from Support-Website of TP-Link and Asus.
next i tried all the Broadcom-drivers for Windows 10 ( http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&func=select&id=262&orderby=2&page=2&lang=en).
ping and signal-strength are good so far, but the issues are likely the same with the different versions of wlan-driver. i made a lot of speedtests with the 20mbit internet-line.
some of the tests are okay (about 25%) with stable dl-speed between 19-20mbit/s. most of the tests are not okay (about 75%) with unstable dl-speed between 5-15mbit/s.
it can be that two testst are okay and the third pushes the speed up and down during the test. if you want to play an online-game like that, you have lags most of the time.
how are your experiences over the last weeks? is it even possible to run a stable driver for Broadcom-Chipset or will it be better on ASUS PCE-AC55BT with Intel-chipset?
Options
2017-05-23 14:24:41
You could also try the ASUS PCE-AC68 driver (see my post at the top of page 2) however the v7.35.338.0 driver from station-drivers has been stable all the way for me (steady download speed), although I haven't played only games.When you perform such test make sure you can't reproduce over a wired connection before taking conclusions, sometimes internet connections themselves have ups and downs. I have a 200Mb connection that occasionally goes as low as 80Mb/s during the bad days.
Options
2017-05-24 04:22:16

antoineco wrote

... try the ASUS PCE-AC68 driver ...

Seconded. It works perfectly and you can download / update from ASUS here: https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/PCEAC68/HelpDesk_Download/

I recently chatted with a TP-Link support guy, just to check if this product had an working win10/64 driver offsite. It doesn't, and never will. These were the last TP-link product I or my company will ever purchase. If you can get a refund, do so.
Options
2017-05-26 14:48:38
as i tested the driver from ASUS PCE-AC68 (Version 2.1.1.5/7.35.315.0) i was also not happy with the output of it.
i will choose the way to return the wlan-cards with broadcom-chipset (TP-Link Archer T9E and ASUS PCE-AC56).
the third wlan-card i tested is a newer product (ASUS PCE-AC55BT) with intel-chipset and seems the best choise.
as i installed the wlan-card it got plug-and-play-driver from 2015 and updated it with one of 2017 via device-manager.
every speed-test is now between 19-20mbit/s as it was on my old card and as it should be on a new card as well :)
Options
2017-07-15 11:57:09
I've tried all of the drivers mentioned in this thread and cannot get my Archer T9E to connect at full 1300Mbps to my network. The highest I get is 144.0Mbps. Currently, I'm using the ASUS driver and am trying to connect to a Cisco Meraki MR33 access point. Any ideas?
Options
2017-07-17 15:13:45
2.4Ghz link speed is only 144Mpbs? try the higher channel width on the access points.
Options
2017-07-20 01:54:03
Tried that, no change. I ended up cracking and getting an ASUS PCE-AC88 instead. Much better, though I also put in an RMA request for the Archer T9E, since the 5 GHz signal was extremely weak, even when the access point was less than 10 ft. away. I'll see if that fixes anything, and if so, then I'll put the card in a different PC.
Options
It Worked!
2017-08-02 10:43:19

ferret wrote

Ok found them on Softpedia and installed now. Driver is detecting as much newer than the latest TP Link one which is good and it now detects connection speed up to 1.3 gbps which it should be. On the previous driver it was only detecting speed at 877.5 mbps so bit happier that it is theoretically recognising the correct speed. Signal strength on 5ghz band is still only 3/5 bars so no improvement there so it may not be driver related although it isn't too far from modem

Actual download speed is not much different, but I suspect that is a case of my internet not being particularly fast anyway

Thanks a lot for that somedude, where would be the best place to watch for new drivers being released by Broadcom seeing as their website only seems to show Linux drivers

So, i did what this guy did and went from getting around 70mbps to 250 although i am paying for 1gb, it is a huge jump!!
Options
2017-11-06 21:25:17

somedude wrote

Seconded. It works perfectly and you can download / update from ASUS here: https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/PCEAC68/HelpDesk_Download/

I recently chatted with a TP-Link support guy, just to check if this product had an working win10/64 driver offsite. It doesn't, and never will. These were the last TP-link product I or my company will ever purchase. If you can get a refund, do so.

yes, my archer t9e will also be my last tp-link product, i was gonna buy the archer c9 after t9e, but after sales services is just too bad, and wifi signal is not much better than my 10 year old d-link usb dongle, it's just bad.
Options
2019-04-22 07:09:26

So, couple/few of years later - is there any solution for the problem discussed by OP?

Asking because of struggling with similar issue. Archer T9E inserted in PCIE slot, status light is on and green, however mobo explorer says that theres nothing in that particular PCIE slot, hence I can't see T9E in my device manager, therefore installation of any drivers is impossible.

Anybody? Any ideas?

In case of none, T9E will end up blended this afternoon. Literally. I'm fed up with trying.

Options